Monday, December 21, 2009

Grandpa Santa

So Grandpa Santa was a hit this year.

And by hit I mean monumental disaster. But I didn't care. I laughed. Hard.

I'm learning to laugh through this stage of my life. It's easy, being in the post-baby hormonal phase to cry. I could cry over the lack of sleep. The state of my house. The state of my hair, or my mid-section for that matter. I could cry over the tantrums. The poopy diapers. The dog pee (another post ENTIRELY). But I've learned that it's a choice. I can laugh or cry. And I'm choosing to laugh.

So don't pity my sons in these pictures. Just laugh.



Ben was way more interested in the tree.







My poor grandpa.





We cried so much we pooped out...candy cane in hand. And candy cane all over him and grandma's couch. oops.



Stinker. Gosh I love this kid.

9 comments:

See Sherm Blog said...

Oh that Henry of yours. A cute little stinker. :-) This gave me a good old laugh. Loved it!

Unknown said...

you missed the savior of the day...uncle Ta...Henry actually says it too!!! grams

Anonymous said...

You are right, it is funny! :) Love those Christmas jammies!

Olive Oyl said...

hahaha. so funny. should have seen Swee'Pea today. Loved Santa... until he actually had to go sit on his lap. :)

Excellent Parent said...

love that pic of him asleep with the candy cane! Amazing! So cute! Your little B is getting so big, look at those eyes!

MAYBELLINE said...

Uh, did you know your grandpa looks strikingly like Santa Claus?

Curious.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Talia said...

Oh, goodness me.... absolute perfection, those boys of yours :)

I just adore your attitude, Lorie, it's amazing. I was just having this conversation with a girlfriend the other day, about how being a mom is really only do-able (or enjoyable) if you fully embrace every single part of it, from the poop and the spit-up and the sleepless nights to the most amazing moments of peace and fun. And you are most definitely embracing it ALL. I love that about you. Laugh on!! :)

autumn said...

I am in the post hormonal baby crazies too, and I am choosing to laugh. Allot.
ps. I could write about four posts about how much laughing I am doing over my mid section, oy.

Mama2 said...

If you do not laugh your life will be so exhausting and every day will drag on and on. Use your sense of humor and your children will be happy kids.