We kicked off the day before with my grandmother teaching me (finally!) her secret chocolate pie recipe. It's the same one that her mother-in-law taught her when she was a young newly wed. It's the pie that my dad LOVED as a child growing up. It's the pie that my brother and I DIE over every time she makes it. Although I prefer it in it's natural, original perfect state with meringue, while my brother prefers the sadder, less perfect but still amazing , meringue free version.
So Ben chilled in his new bouncy seat...

Henry tried to keep himself busy until Grandad got home to entertain him.

This is my grandmother saying "No pictures of me darlin'!" She's southern, did I mention that? I love it when she calls me darlin'.

Right, cause my rear end REALLY needs more pie. Seriously. I don't even know why I'm posting this picture other than it's me and my grandmother cooking together...and I love this memory.

Back away from the pie diabetic man.

Isn't my grandmother beautiful? And she's pretty hip too. She reads my blog (Hi grandmother!) and texts me. I have a seriously hip granny on my hands.

Yum yum YUM.

And um, there's a reason why there isn't one when it's all done....because we couldn't even wait for thanksgiving!
We (and I do mean she, because I was either nursing or trying to keep Henry entertained) also made pecan and pumpkin.


The gravy goddess.

LOVE the look on his face. You know what he's thinking? " Come on darlin' put away that fake canon camera and get yourself a REAL camera, like a Nikon." Spoken just like my brother.


IN love with Henry's new sweater. Love love love it.


Henry's feast. I'll let you guess what he ate. (here's a clue, only the right side.)

Our feast.

The perfect way to end a nearly perfect day.

We missed you David and Jillian! Scott and mom kicked the pants off Dad and I. But that is nothing new.
5 comments:
Your grandma texts? Man, I can't even get my mom to learn. That pie looks yummy!
Um I am in love with his sweater also! And my mom can't even text ... you go Grandma! It looks like a super fun and special day friend =)
Wow. I'm wanting a piece of that pie! We are coming to bakersfield this weekend for a Bussell Christmas. We're also celebrating Elijah's 1st birthday on Saturday night. We'd love for you all to come. I would have sent an invitation, but I don't have you're email or anything. Hopefully we'll see you there. Jessica
keep playing blog catchup! I love reading your blog.
Yeah! You got the bouncy seat! :)
And I love that sweater too. Swee'Pea got it for Thanksgiving as well! :) Our boys have SERIOUSLY great taste. :)
Post a Comment