Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas: a Recap

Is it still considered a recap if I never actually covered it? Hmm....

You can say that you are going to recap when you want to draw people's attention to the fact that you are going to repeat the main points of an explanation, argument, or description, as a summary of it. VERB

Okay, so to sum up....

Christmas was awesome. It really was. Even though I achingly missed my brother and sil, it was a very sweet Christmas with our boys.

Christmas Eve is always pretty insane at the in-laws with all NINE of the grandkids (and counting).



The 2009 babies, Ada and Ben. Or as I like to call them, Baby A and Baby B.



Sadly, even though Henry had a pretty good nap that day, he was just too big of a mess. We put him to bed after only opening two of his gifts. But it made for a much more enjoyable night for Scott and Ben and I.



I didn't take all that many pictures, but I did make sure to document the the girls opening the dolls I had made for them. I was SO excited for them to open them. Tess melted my heart. She squealed and hugged her and carried her doll all night long. Brooke was fascinated and then decided to lay on her doll.











Pretty darn cute if you ask me.



Mama2 and Papa gave each of the couples an envelope with a clue....hmmm.... legs kicking off shoes...goldfish....a crappy cabin....and a golden ticket??!!! This summer they're taking EVERYBODY on a TRIP and TICKETS to SEAWORLD and covering our LODGING as well. WAHOO! Thank you Mama2 and Papa!

Then it was time to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, although I think mostly everybody was just excited about the icing.







Christmas morning started early. Notice it is still dark outside. You think I'm kidding that Henry wakes up everyday by 5:30?! I am not.



But soon enough Grams and Grandad showed up donning their Santa hats. We had breakfast and read from Luke and then opened up presents.







Playing with our train table...









We were quite thrilled with our Buzz.









Then after naps it was on to Grams and Grandads house for lunch with Great Grandmother and GrandPops =)



And we ended the night with some late night Wii-ing. And some zzzz's....









And the best gift of all? My parents offered to keep Henry over night since he had already fallen asleep and so Scott and I slept in until 9. 9 people. 9. We haven't seen this side of 6 AM in over three months. It was glorious.

This was the only picture of all 4 of us at Christmas and it's uh, not great. But hey, it's a memory!

12 comments:

Talia said...

your first Christmas as a family of four looks like it was so sweet and perfect in lots of ways! LOVE all your pictures... so so cute.

those dolls you made are ADORABLE! I love how Tess is hugging hers. so sweet!

by the way, as I sit here I'm wearing the exact same yellow sweater that you have on in that picture (in which you look lovely, I might add)

Coco said...

I love it Lor! You take amazing pictures. I've been inspired to update my blog...maybe. He he!

Excellent Parent said...

NO way, he got the big Buzz Lightyear! awsome! Beautiful Lorie!

Olive Oyl said...

Great recap (or cap... since you can't re if there is no original... tehehehe). Hey, I tried to take a good family picture... but seriously... it was insanity. INSANITY. :) Your sweet family looks adorable regardless. ;)

molly june. said...

i love your christmas! lil' ben is getting so big! for him ;) and you are pretty as ever! & i need to call you back! but i have a wedding to go to & i'm still not ready..& here i am on your blog! ha.

molly june. said...

ohmyGOSH!! forgot about the dolls! THE DOLLS!! i almost cried. that's how amazing they are. so so CUTE.

See Sherm Blog said...

Too sweet! Those are some precious pictures you've got there!! Makes me sad I didn't document more when we were celebrating at my parents. :( I LOVE the picture of your two boys asleep on the couch. OHH... and the one of your mom holding a SMILING Ben! Too cute! Looks like a great Xmas for you guys.

autumn said...

The Ben smiling picture just broke my heart, its wonderful. Also, in no particular order... You have the best head bands, always. The dolls that you made are incredibly cute. Mustard yellow looks incredible on you (and basically NO ONE can carry that off!). The matching christmas pajamas are wonderful, and Henry holding Ben makes me want to get pregnant again...soon.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!
ps. HOW could you give up sweets, you are such a better woman than me!

Mama2 said...

So cute. But let me clarify the one of the pictures. The girl was not kicking her legs, she was tripping. Get it? As in "taking a trip". :)

I think of the quote about how you can tell how a Christian's walk is when you look at their checkbook to see what they are doing with their money. Or something like that. Oooh, that always gets me right where it hurts.

Sunny said...

It looks like you all had such a fun and full Christmas celebrating with your families! Your pictures are always so pretty.

Sara said...

Love the recap. Love the pictures (in fact, I need some of them!). And LOVE LOVE LOVE the doll. Like I'm kind of nervous about her playing with it love because I want to make sure it is kept forever and ever and handed down to all future generations. Yeah, I really do love it that much.

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

I know of a certain someone who is looking for a shopping source on that gray rocket! Any tips?