Friday, January 08, 2010

PB&J

You know those old commercials:

"How do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"?

I think of that every time I watch Henry eat a PB&J...
How do you eat your PB&J?

We start with a perfectly constructed pb&j, easy on the j, cause active little boys don't need any more sugar...
and then we peel the two pieces a part, in order to detect which side is jelly and which side is peanut butter.



and then we dive right in, middle first, and quickly become, the jelly monster.



then we begin to eat the middle first, slowly leaving only the crust. although on some days he does eat the crust too.







then we move on to the peanut butter.

















We continue this until we can't stand the amount of peanut butter on our hands and we ask mommy to wipe them off.
(Sometimes we do in fact eat the peanut butter side as well, but today was not such a day.)



I'm telling you, it's an art form.



And how does mommy eat a pj&j?
Well I'm still addicted to the double decker, even though the hubs thinks it a complete waste of an extra piece of bread.





And have I mentioned how much I love Davi lately? Because today she showed up with a white mocha. I protested a bit seeing as I'm trying to give them up, but then she refused saying "No you gave up buying them. Someone bringing you one is totally different." A girl after my own heart, working around the rules...

Seriously. Seriously love that girl.

But now it's time to be off, Lady A, a white Mocha and some editing are calling my name.

12 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

omigosh, this post was hilarious. seriously those are the most beautiful photos of pbandj I have ever seen! you all are going to love seeing this post printed up one day. too cute.

ollie eats the jelly side only and rejects the peanut butter altogether:(

so I don't make it for him to often!

love you! great to see you today, even if for just a short while!

molly june. said...

dude. idk if i'd ever let my kid eat a pb&j again :) i kid! that was a mess, but a cute mess. glad you had to clean it. awesome.

MEGAN said...

Geesh! Messiest POSSIBLE way to eat a PB&J.

Amy said...

seriously...we don't really go there yet...clayton does devower his food in a very similar way...could it get any where else? sometimes i find spagetti noodles under the leather chair...seriously do those things crawl across the room like worms? sheesh!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how different boys and girls eat. That kid is ALL boy! Adorable!

Amy said...

Great picts! You are a better mommy than I am...I am way too OCD to deal with that mess!

alyssa said...

Hahah, that is so funny!! love the analogy!

misguidedmommy said...

sigh. this is going to sound so wrong but i really prefer to smash tortillas in my pb&j (don't judge) and then eat the crust first

Excellent Parent said...

I think your pretty cool for letting him eat it that way!

Mommy Diffee said...

Dying here! Too cute! Peyton used to eat his kinda like that, then I started mixing the PB&J together in a bowl first to make sure he got the PB LOL!
And I agree, Davi is absolutely amazing, and so are you! Hugs =)

Coco said...

You are a waaaaaay nicer mommy than me. :)

Ashley said...

Yess i agree with everyone you are brave :0) reid doesnt eat anything crazy messy unless he is in his high chair. which i know he is to big for (thats what everyone keeps telling me) but he loves his chair, and i love the fact that its less mess :0)... Henry is too cute :0) and he makes that PB&J look dang good :0)