Wednesday, May 26, 2010

long over due

That seems to be the state of much of my life.

Long over due organization,

cleaning,

grooming,

productivity,

you know, actually finishing a project.

And I started to get that feeling that any minute I would turn a corner and my house would swallow me whole. And then this chick goes and posts a picture of her fabric/sewing organization on facebook and I winced. And then got motivated. So here we go: Project Purge. Cause for real, how much stuff does a girl really need?

Today I tackled the bottom portion of our hall closet. It felt like a good place to start. And at this point, ANY place is a good place to start.





And in case I ever mention to any of you that I need minky for a project, just bonk me upside of the head okay? Because that black tote? LOADED with minky.



Hi, I'm Lorie, and I have a problem.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Um yeah, the state of my craft dressers and room right now is just so awful. I can't even post pictures. It is so embarassing. So good for you mounting some of the organization. I need to do that.

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh how exciting!!!! i love that we did this together- heehee!!!!

bandofbrothers said...

Hi Lorie. I'm Davi. And I have a problem too.


HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL!!!! Too funny! Love your white pixie dust circling everything. And cracking up at your foot in a desperate need of pedicure. Seriously, you are preaching to the choir, cuz I'm in the same mess. I'm just too stubborn to clean it til I'm done with other projects.

The Norvells said...

I've made it a goal in life to not collect stuff. After moving my mom out of my childhood home a few years ago and into the home of a man who never get's rid of everything, I've decided that stuff=bad. The less stuff the better.

Lydia said...

Fabric is the kind of thing that lends itself so well to collecting, though! I mean, you have a little left over from one project, a half a yard extra from another, and then voila! Look, I can make this with my scraps! I just need one more thing to make it perfect....

My fabric stash is very small, but I completely understand the urge!

carol grams said...

just get busy!!!

Talia said...

hahaha, this post cracked me up!! The first step to gixing a problem is admitting you have one?? I guess?? Although, I've admitted many times that I do, but it hasn't seemed to help... lol

seriously. If you saw my closets right now, you would feel so much better about your own mess. Come over if you ever need a boost. ;)