Sunday, May 30, 2010

Morning Routine

This morning as I snuggled with my Henry boy I was reminded of this post. Tis a very big blessing to be the mama to this silly, sweet, difficult boy named Henry Scott. Daily he challenges me. Daily he wins me over and over again. Daily I love him deeper, appreciate him more, admire who he is.

This is our little morning routine, right before, or shortly after daddy leaves, in he comes, with his pillow ("a-pow") and his blanket and bear. He climbs in bed and whines and kicks at me (and occasionally smacks me awake with a-pow) until I get up and get him a sippy of milk and turn on some cartoons so mommy can sneak in a few more moments of sleep before Ben wakes up.

There aren't many baby things left in this boy. He is now more boy than baby, and soon will leave all traces behind that he ever was my wee babe. But for now, I will enjoy the dimpled hands still smudged with marker from the day before, the sippy of milk, and my snugly mornings with my dear Henry.

















6 comments:

alyssa said...

He is so sweet and cuddly :) Love this!

carol grams said...

his grams and grandad love him more each day as well. my sweet Henry!!

mytwentysixthyear said...

i like this post. its true and weird how little baby is left and how much they are big boys now.

Sara said...

aw, this makes me teary. perfect way to capture such a precious time. ella was my only one that snuggled in the morning watching cartoons - there was too much life going on when the others arrived. those years seems like eons ago. i'm so glad you made me remember that sweet time.

molly june. said...

ahh, dear sweet henry. i love my mornings in bed too. they're the best! hope you're all feeling better!! :)

Talia said...

He really is becoming such a big boy... I can hardly believe it. Sweet Henry. I'm so glad you're treasuring these special little times! It sounds like perfection.