And seeing as little Benjamin is our resident wild thing (seriously, he's just a wiggly little wild thing:), and seeing as his middle name is King (you know, Max, the King of all Wild Things) Scott and I've been cooking up ideas for months on how to have ourselves a wild little rumpus for his first birthday.
First things first, I wanted some birthday crowns made. I'm perfectly capable of making some felt crowns for my boys. But works of art? That's her department. Anything and everything I've ever seen mrs. rubyellen create over at cakies has me utterly swooning. I was so incredibly excited when she was able (and excited!) to create coordinating brother crowns. And since I was a bit preoccupied at the party, her pictures do the crowns better justice.
I don't want to bore you all with all the details and all the little thoughts and things that I did, so I'll just show you pictures. I had so much fun doing this little party for my Ben boy. And while it might take us the rest of this week to recover from all the late nights and all the fun birthday festivities, I think it was well worth it.




On the menu? Pioneer Woman chili with her pico de gallo. Cornbread, fruit and cupcakes!









My attempt at a fun craft project with Henry. That ended up being a lesson in patience for mommy.






Trying to encourage Ben to eat his cake somehow turned into a mini family cake feast.


But he soon got the hang of it.




Then it was time to round up the restless (sugar-infused) natives for presents.







It was such a great evening and thank you so much for everyone who came and celebrated with us!
16 comments:
Hmmmmm.....cake!
So stinken cute. That looked like fun and really beautiful!
HOW FUN! Looks like a fantastic party and I love the closed eyes-cake shot! SO SO adorable and LORIE! Your creativity with drag-alongs is ridiculous!!!
seriously, how do you come up w this stuff?? SO cute!! I also love the closed eye photo. Happy Birthday, Ben!
Everything turned out so cute Lorie! I love it.
so sad i missed it! it looks like so much fun.
love your jeans. love your tank. love your headband.
Lorie!!! That is so flippin' CUTE! You are so creative and always put so much thought into all your events! So adorable!
this is all completely magical! way to go friend.
you seriously did SUCH a great job. i agree with the rest...totally magical!! & how cute are those crowns?! & that blanket? & those cakes?! i could cry. makes me want a baby boy in a BAD WAY. you looked adorable too, btw. :) LOVE it all. love you!
The sly little grin on Ben's face in the pic where you're showing him how to eat his cake...
AND
The completely tickled laugh you have in the pic where the crown fell down over Ben's face...
PRICELESS!!
it was one of the cutest parties ever! you should be a party planner. i'd hire ya'll on the spot! and then you could take photos too. you're like a one-stop-party-shop. it was magical!
thanks for including pix of my lil boys;)
oh and that pic of Sara and I scooping up food cracks me up. we both look SO serious it's like we have not eaten in years. we were both talking about how excited we were to eat food prepared by someone else. it was a real treat:)
I nnnneeeeeedddd a butterscotch chip cupcake - now. :) Those look so appetizing I can hardly stop thinking about them. You made a beautiful party! I love it :) P.S. did you make your cute cute shirt too? I wouldn't put it past you... Love you Lorie beth!
I agree with Davi. When I have kiddos I'd love to have you plan all their parties. What a brilliant job! Oh, and happy birthday to Ben.
I was so sad to have missed it, but now I am even more sad =( It looks so special and amazing friend. Love you, and all of your passion and creativity =)
blogged you friend!
http://stephanielovesthomas.blogspot.com/2010/10/ladies-of-society-i-give-you-our-silent.html
Post a Comment