Tuesday, October 26, 2010

and then I cried.

some days are just are doomed to fail from the time the sun peaks it's face into my window.

had to get up early and be in the shower before 6:30 this morning.
ugh.

nephew got dropped off at quarter til 7.
yikes.

bro in law was 10 minutes later picking him up than he should have been.
grr.

which consequently meant I didn't have time to transfer carseat of boy #2 so bro in law could watch him while I took boy #1 to the doctor.
blerg.

which meant I was running UBER late to the doctors appointment.
growl.

which meant I was speeding.
glup.

which meant a motorcop would stand in the middle of the street waving me down yelling at me to pull over. to which I would snap "WHY?!". to which he would yell "for speeding!"
pissed.

which made me sit watching the clock tick on while mister slow poke cop took his sweet little time printing my ticket and taking my info.
hold it together girl.

which means I have now gotten two tickets in a month.
(a little over three weeks ago I got a cell phone ticket).
double gulp.

um, tickets are EXPENSIVE.
cry.

which meant I drove the whole way to the doctors office crying.
wuss.

which meant I was impatient trying to get my kids out of the car and into the doctors office because we were soooo late.
hate that.

BUT.

if mister bro in law HAD been running on time I would have shown up with the wrong boy, as apparently I'm so overwhelmed right now I thought the appointment was for Henry and it was actually for Ben.
praise.

which is good, cause Ben hardly noticed the shot. and Henry would have required four of us to hold him down and then screamed for an hour over a shot.
praise.

both boys were quietly content with their suckers on the way home, which gave mommy some time to collect herself.
praise.

Ben took a great morning nap, allowing mommy and Henry to snuggle on the couch watching a favorite cartoon movie of mommy's (anastasia).
praise.

bro in law felt so bad for contributing to my crappy morning that he set a date to come pick up Henry for a play date next week.
praise.

I got work done. In the middle of the day.
praise.

every day is fresh, with no mistakes in it.
praise.

His mercies are NEW. EVERY morning.
Praise the Lord.

**********update*************

that was tuesday folks. and wednesday and thursday were just about as ugly.

BUT.

God is good. He restores. He refines.
AND His mercies really are new every morning.
Praise be His name.

7 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

oh no! Im sorry I laughed a little. I love how your praising God thru it all!

molly june. said...

ahhh, that doesn't sound like a good day at all. i like how you called yourself a wuss though. made me laugh. but look...you turned it all back to praise! thank God for mercies that are new EVERY MORNING! amen, amen, amen.

Kara Haushalter said...

So had days like that! Love the days that just get canceled when you have a sick kids at home! that happened here last week!

Be encouraged, we are rowing this boat together and good job seeing the things to praise the Lord about in the midst of the crazy! Love you!

mrs schienbein said...

love you.

miss you.

hugs from the pac northwest

Sally said...

I don't know if I would have been able to see all those praises you came up with...thanks for encouraging me to be more positive. =)

The Norvells said...

you and I are very alike in the fact that we can let "little things" that pile up on top of one antoher really ruin our day. Then I look at other women that I totally admire and see how they can just roll with the punches, and it makes me hate myself and be even more frustrated. I so wish that I could just learn to let stuff like that roll off my shoulders, but I seem to carry it all with me all day long. Makes me so greatful that His mercies are new each morning....better yet, they are new each hour in my life at times.

Jenny said...

Wow, you are really living out 1 Thess 5:18.
I was challenged by that verse a couple of weeks ago (it can be sooo hard to do some days!) and this blog post of yours challenged me again! Thanks :o)