Like some how we'll do better, be better, add more, take away, from what or who we are normally? Like the ball dropping suddenly gives us a do-over. Today my head was spinning with things I want to do differently. Excitement for the new year, all that I can do better, be better about. What I want to add, and what I want to take away.
Then. Right then. I got smacked with a realization. We are promised new mercies every morning. Not just when a new year starts. But every day. Every day, by the grace of God, we are able to be forgiven. We are blessed with the opportunity to improve ourselves, to strive to be like Christ. To put that improvement to action. To prioritize. To sacrifice. And no count down or glass of champagne or magical midnight kiss did that. Christs sacrifice did.
From then on, my day improved. My attitude, my patience with my children, my ability to relax and enjoy the moments, were drastically different than what they were yesterday. And it began to ring more and more true, His mercy is there every. day. I only have to cling to it. To set my eyes on what is ahead, on who is leading me, and have faith that He will complete the work He began in me.
So my boys and I? We played at the park. We dug in the dirt. We had a picnic. We enjoyed the sunshine. I lost my patience. They whined. We messed up. But you know what?
We'll start again tomorrow. Anew.






That kid is the cutest hot mess around. Bruised forehead. Scratched forehead. Scratched nose. Runny nose. Bruised cheek. Jeepers.


"mommy sleeping". "No Henry I'm just resting my eyes".



8 comments:
I love your random pictures! And the boys in the dirt...your toes...too cute! I love you my daughter!
hm. love this post. love your words. love your photos. loved all the toesies. love you!
oh cuteness, your picnic is making me super jealous - it looked so nice.
I needed this today...thanks for your reminder. =)
And I'm a tad jealous of the green grass and bare toes...in january!!
Your so right and it's crazy how we can get so caught up in life and trying to be perfect that we forget about the simple things :0) everyday is new, and I'm so greatfull! Thank u for the reminder:0) I love ur pictures and tge boys are always so cute... Poor little bens face :0( but he still looks so cute!
I love the truths you remind us of in this post!! They ring true for me every single day. And while I do feel refreshed, for what it's worth, that it's a new year, I need to keep in the FRONT of my mind that His grace is with me thru it all!
adorable! and those little boys digging in the dirt are almost too much to handle.
Thank you for a message I needed to hear, glad your back to blogging!
Looks like a lovely picnic. Sounds like a perfect perspective! Poor Benny boy's face.
Post a Comment