and needing a break (from your kids),
can happen at the same time.
It was a battle to get them ready that morning.
Overly tired?
Bored?
Teething?
Who knows what the culprit, but the morning was ugly.
We were late, yet again, to Henry's speech.
I watched Ben walk around outside on the frozen ground.
His breath puffing out against the cold with every squeal and squawk.
It was foggy and dim. We were bundled up for cold weather, but still felt frozen through.
The thought of going back home suffocated me.
I had thought about going to the library.
But if their behavior that morning was any indication of the outlook on the day,
keeping them quiet and respectful at a library seemed implausible.
Then the wheels started turning.
We loaded up in the car.
Drove home. I ran in. Changed my coat. Grabbed mittens. Scarves. Warm clothes to come home. Blankets. The few snacks I could rummage up. Cameras.

We drove through Starbucks. A coffee for mommy.

A muffin split three ways.

Music to set the mood. ( I told you I can't get enough of them )

And we were off.
(This is what I meant by needing a break. My kids are fantastic car sleepers. They were both asleep before we even hit the freeway)

Peace and quiet. And coffee. And music. And scenery. Did my heart good. 40ish minutes later...










And then mommy fell in the snow. Holding Ben. And my camera.

And Ben acted like this the rest of the time.

But Henry had a ball.





Come on fussy one, lets go make you happy.

Stinker.

Nice snot Ben.




Henry was not impressed with my snow angel. Nor did he want to try and make one.

But we ate snow.

And was content.

and then, right when I started getting worried that it would be a monumental tantrum/disaster to tell him we had to leave, he up and volunteered " I cooold! Les go bu-byes"
.It was a pretty awesome day.
12 comments:
could that sky be any bluer? wow! what amazing and fantastic pictures of your dear boys. some of the best!
you are amazingly adventurous! i'm impressed!
look at all that SNOOOOW! wow. that's close to you like that? WOW. i'm impressed too. such fun pics. such a fun mama.
fun fun fun!!! looks like SUCH a great day! :)
Your spontaneity lately is really inspiring!
Um Hello Mom of the year :0) Awesome Pictures, Beautiful sky... Where is this magical place? Im in love with their happy/ish faces :0) so much fun... What a great idea!
Awesome day!
How'd you get your car into that snow! you are a brave woman! What a great save to a potentially disastrous afternoon.
Awww, I need some snow in my life, what a pretty day! Henry looks SO big in his snow attire for some reason!
So the mittens you have on in the coffee holding pic are DARLING! But the ones you have on holding Ben's hand, that match Ben's gloves!, are so so very precious!!
Glad you had fun...and a break...all in one! Wonderful when it works out that way, huh?! :)
You are an AMAZING mom! :)
lori what i wouldn't give for you to come to reno and photograph my family and me...i have a feeling even you could make me look pretty in a photo now adays...i still have that amazing onsie you made Codi I plan to keep it for life
have just uploaded the worlds most embarrassing video blog, please come by and vote, who is right? Me or my husband?
oh I just LOVE LOVE this post, what a fun day!! You are such a fun mommy and these sorts of spur of the moment trips/fun are exactly what memories are made of :D I adore the picture of Henry eating the snow with his RED cold little hands, heheh!! And Ben with his pouty face, Malachi was just like that in the snow when we took him around the same age, ha!
Your gloves are so adorable, YOU are so adorable Lorie!!
way to seize the moment, super mom! love it!
Post a Comment