Wednesday, February 23, 2011

processing.

So much in my head these days.

I'm going to be an auntie again. My brother and Jill are expecting their first in September. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm ridiculously giddy with anticipation. :)

I shot my first wedding of the year. With my brother. It was epic. And now I'm trying to process the almost 6500 images we shot. Yowser.

My birthday is a weekish away.
Some of my friends are planning a hilarious hoot of a party.
I'm excited.

Then my awesome hubs is letting me skip town to go visit my bestie.
Should be a ball. ;)

The Lord is doing BIG things in my heart. Stirring, stretching, purging, sanctifying. Such an awesomely painful process. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been in a rebellious state the last few weeks. A kicking and screaming toddler, selfishly denying what it is that He's asking of me. Let's just say I had no idea how much of a "rich young ruler" I was at heart.

Henry is talking like crazy. I love that he's understandable. I love his conversations. His reasoning. His "Oh Man!" in exasperation. I adore his smile. His twinkly eyes he gives me when he's doing his best to get his way. I love how he says motorcycle. (motorwhycle) I love how he takes no less than a dozen cars with him to bed, and by the time I go and re-tuck him in and turn off his lamp he's got at least a dozen more. And a pirate gun. And fireman hat. And several books. :) Love that kid.

Benjamin is such a spit fire. Lovable. Sweet. Meltdown, face to the floor dramatics when you tell him no. (so fun). Easy as pie. Independent. Mischievous. Snugly. His deep adoration for Roxie (I don't think the feeling is mutual). His variety of faces and expressions. I could watch him all day. I call him my little raccoon. He goes from one shiny or new object to the next, leaving a trail of forgotten prizes in his wake. A shoe. A puzzle piece. Legos. Cars. It's adorable. And back breaking. :)

The other day I stopped by Davi's for a minute. We were somewhat presentable (i.e. we were actually dressed and not in "jemmies" as Henry calls pajamas). I asked if she wouldn't mind taking some pictures of me and my boys. I love how I didn't have to explain myself. I didn't have to feel insecure or vain. I love how she knows how important and special it is to document these little milestones, the constantly changing lives we lead. The little boys that will all too soon not be so little.

So thanks Davi, for the impromptu documentation of my boys. Right now.























13 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute pics!

Lisa said...

Meltdown, face to the floor dramatics when you tell him no pretty much sums up my little guy too. It is so funny sometimes. I think he is a bit more of a "drama queen" than his sister. ;)

lindsey leif said...

hello :) i just stopped by your blog, as i saw it on the side of davi's :) (long story short, i'm a friend of talia's from when she used to live in nebraska) anyways.
i just wanted to let you know........your verse link up to the rich young ruler was just whate i needed to read today :)
for some reason. a love of money, a love of cute stuff, and heck, the love of all things anthro has been seeping into my mind, and has the tendency to consume me.
thanks for challenging me today :)

and, you are cute, your boys too :)

katygirl said...

love you.

katygirl said...

p.s. my new sparkle toms came. photo shoot with our twinsies?

p.p.s. i gave you the credit on my blog. i wrote that yesterday and forgot to give you the credit. i know you didn't ask for it or even want it. but you deserve it.

molly june. said...

audrey just looked at the screen & said, look! that's you up there! haa. i just love you, but you already know that. your birthdaaaay?! oh, really! :) and sparkle toms? i'm thinking yes to katy's question. a photo shoot is in order!

Mrs. Vogt said...

I love that you said you were actually dressed and not in Jammies....It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who will make a mad dash to town thinking the entire time..."they wouldn't look at us like that had they been in my house this AM.had they, they would be offering to carry akid or buy me a latte."

Olive Oyl said...

love these pics.

and your boys.

and you.

Ashley said...

i love these... it makes me want little kiddos :)

Talia said...

these pictures are the sweetest, Lorie. I love that you thought to ask Davi to take them for you, because yes, it's important to remember them. right now. :)
in looking at them, I realized I have no recent pictures of me and my girls, other than the family ones you took (which of course I love), but I need some mother-daughter ones... you've inspired me to just dooo it. hehe.

whee for your birthday! I knew it was coming up sometime, so I've been workin on a lil somethin-somethin for you. hopefully I'll see you in the next couple months so I can actually give it to you. ha! ;)

this is a really long comment. sorry. but I think you're beautiful inside and out and i love you lots. the end.

stacia said...

it is kind of freaking me out how much Henry looks like Scott right now. like, a lot.

I am so sad that your boys are growing up and I don't know them except through your blog. thank God for that!

(sigh)

gotta go, my pity party table for 1 is ready.

wah-wah...

Sally said...

love these pictures!! yay for favorite friends!

.jimaie.marie. said...

oh gosh, i'm so excited for you, for your brother's news! You were just saying when we were at Talia's that you were so hoping it would happen for them soon and BAM! Just like that! :) heheh.
You are adorable and these pictures are so sweet, they make me want pictures of me and my boys. I can't remember the last time I've taken them with them...or the last time we've had family pictures for that matter! What the heck.I need to resolve this for sure!