Saturday, February 12, 2011

That day I had Six kids

I really love to help my sisters watch their kids because they are always so willing to help watch mine.

And classic Lorie is to take on more than she can handle. Bite off more than she can chew. Go big or go home.

Okay maybe not that last one, but constantly being overly ambitious is just who I am.

So I jumped at the chance to watch my SIL's three younger kids on Friday so she could escape for the weekend with her besties. I was excited. I even planned a simple valentines craft.

Then, very last minute, another SIL needed someone to watch her son for like an hour Friday morning. And then when that hour was up I pleaded to keep him until nap time because he and Henry were having a ball and I didn't want to tear them apart.

Then another hour later and the other three show up.

And all of a sudden, as I locked the door behind my sister as she left, it hit me:

"I have six children".

And if you went by ages, I had one almost 5 year old, triplet 3 year olds, and twin 17 month olds.

Um, yikes.

Honestly though, it mostly was great. The only blood spilled was Henry's (a minor split lip). We made valentines cards. They destroyed Henry's room. Played with every toy. Played outside. Someone pooped their pants. Both babies decided to poop on cue. A friend dropped by with her two boys, and what's two more?? Lunch was harry, trying to feed 6 demanding and hungry children, but we survived.

And then nap time rolled around. I didn't have enough beds for everyone so Tessie got to snuggle and nap with me on the couch.

Here's the miracle. They all slept. At the same time. And even better? I slept too. :)

Amazing.

There was chocolate milk and popcorn snacks, an entire bag of pretzels consumed, and a lot of snuggles and giggles all day long.

And the best part??

Scott came home, all the kids (including ours) went away and I got to get dolled up and taken out for an early Valentines dinner date.

This having six kids is no biggie ;)

eh hem. God: I'm joking, totally joking.





















Because the dog bed is sooo fun to play in. Ick.














































Gray took the beloved ice cube trays to bed with him ;)



I loved snuggling with my little heater Tess.







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaayy, you blogged :) Looks like you were able to manage all those kids just fine Lorie, may God bless you with some more soon..haaaaaaah! All these photos are so adorable, that little girl in the striped shirt is killing me! Adorbs.

The Norvells said...

wow! You're my superhero mom! so great of you to have so much family around to turn to for support and who can turn to you for support as well. BTW...what's the gray chair I see in a few of those pics? Is it new (since June at least)? Totally cute. And so glad you got a Valentines date..you deserve it. Love you!

Stephanie said...

sidenote: your house is magnificent! i sincerely hope i have one someday. what a dream :)

Barbie said...

What a sweet SIL you are! These are pictures they'll treasure forever! You've made some big changes in your house...I wanna come see. Oh and I think Ada looks so much like Brenda...Am I crazy?

Ashley said...

Hiii your alive :0) I was about to call search and rescue! I love the pictures! I loveeee the red hair :0) and I'm in love with Ben and henrys brotherly love in the chair :0) miss u
-me

molly june. said...

ohmygosh! they're all so cute! and they all look like they could be YOURS. scary. it's like lorie's daycare :D oh, yesh. and, and, i have that ikea pillow on your couch. and i still like your chair. and you BLOGGED. that deserves another ohmigorsh. and i miss you. okay. that is all.

Talia said...

this looks like so much fun!
you're sweet for taking all these kids. and a rockstar. :)
I can't get over how CUTE each one of them is... your whole family is so adorable!!
um, yes, the gray chair, is it new?? It's fab. I want to come sit in it sometime! :)

love your blogging, it's such a treat for us all! hehe

Anonymous said...

Um, you deserve a medal for that! Seriously. Couldn't be a cuter bunch of kiddos to care for though. :)

*CPA* Su said...

AND on top of having 6 kids you STILL managed to get your camera out and take adorable pictures of adorable children! Talent, my Dear, simply talent! ;-)

Sally said...

Thank you thank you for watching those kiddos...our weekend away was awesome!! What a fabulous SIL you are! =)

bandofbrothers said...

see? your house can TOTALLY handle 6 kids!!!

get crackin!

Sara said...

super duper auntie!! I couldn't believe it when I saw the cute craft you accomplished in the midst of all that chaos! (Is it terrible to admit that those were the only real valentines my kids made?) Cutest pictures ever! I owe you big time!

Christine said...

From one of Sara's besties--thank you for watching the kiddos so she could come on friday. And I finally get to see some pics of Ada!