Oh that stinking pillow.
It began as a surprise gift for my husband in the hospital when Henry was born and became the thing that Henry couldn't (and can't) live without. It goes everywhere. EVERYWHERE. The doctor. To church. To Disneyland. And while in the last year we have become increasingly strict on leaving it in the car, verses taking it into every single place we go, it is still our favorite thing. (And for inquiring minds, the current pillow is actually, I believe, the 4th edition.)
I always dread when he catches me washing it. I try and sneak it in the back of the washer but somehow it always makes its way to the front. In plain, torturous view.
Less than a year ago (June 2010 to be exact) this was his reaction.





What those pictures don't accurately depict is the jumping up and down and the high pitch never ending screaming cry.
It haunts my dreams.
And funny, at the time I thought it was hilarious (frustrating as heck) but overall, a very comical reaction.
Looking back at them again, they break my heart. Those tears! Oh my GOODNESS the dramatics of that boy. Whew.
Here we are, almost a year later...





Not thrilled, but understanding of the process. He kept asking me:
"All done mommy? All done?"
"Not yet, buddy, when it dings"
"Oh, otay mommy"
What a year it has been with my Henry.
Praise the Lord for Henry's words. For his comprehension. For his ability to communicate with me. While many days I grow weary of his questions ( mommy, mommy, mommy, what are you doing mommy? why mommy why? where are we going mommy? mommy? mommy? MOMMY?!) I'm thankful that the Lord blessed him with the ability to speak and communicate.
2 comments:
Wow, what a difference a year makes. It's amazing how important communication is. I remember reading Helen Keller and trying to imagine what it would be like to be deaf and blind--and then the relief she must have felt when she learned how to communicate. Randomly rambling now...sorry ;) Love your boys.
oh, those lovies...they can cause such strife! I may have stumbled on something that helps in our house. I was forever stealing blankie (that Bethany made) to throw it in the wash, and I ALWAYS got caught! So, I had Major take it and put it in the wash, and then we looked inside (top load) to see it spinning...and magically, he was ok with it. We'll see what happens thenext time though. =)
Post a Comment