It was last week. Nephew was missing his parents (who were on a fabulous trip to NYC. Nope, not jealous over here, not. at. all.) my boys were cranky mcCrankisons.
I know! I shall set up our tent! Who doesn't love a tent?
An hour later. Several curses sworn under breath. Numerous texts filled with even more EXCLAMATION POINTS AND ALL CAPS to husband. Two three year old boys obediently holding up tent poles as I holler, "hold it up! hold them still! good job! don't move! freeze! DON'T MOVE! KEEP HOLDING IT UP!" and our MONDO tent was set up. I remember the good old days when tents were two poles and up they go. No, not ours. Ours is like 8 poles and RIDICULOUSLY complicated.
But you know what? IT was worth it.
In they moved. With every pillow and blanket they could find. Their back packs loaded with books and cars and legos. It was everything I hoped for.

















But the best part? When the three boys went down for naps.
And Roxie girl and I got the tent all to ourselves to do one of my most favorite things.
Take a nap. In a tent. Seriously. Tent naps are AWESOME.



Zzzzzz......
6 comments:
I think that tent is as big as my house! Looks like fun.
What a great idea! And lovely pictures!
um, those pillows look mighty cute. wish i could get one of those there cute pillows before my girls turn, oh, 10 ;)
kidding! kinda.
p.s. yer cute.
I am impressed you put that tent up by yourself. It's huge! :)
How fun!!! Love this, Lor!
You are such a great mom, seriously, you are. :) I LOVE the one last one of you. You are so beautiful my dear cousin. Love you!
Post a Comment