Friday, May 06, 2011

a big boy room.

I finally got around to (a couple months ago) taking pictures of Henry's (nearly) finished big boy room. I have still yet to track down an orange lamp shade. I have yet to cover his little stuffed chair in the orange velvet I bought a year ago. I have yet to sew him a robot pillow that I've always intended too.

But it's a done as it will get. And actually, as we speak, err, I write this, it's no longer in existence. It has since been dismantled into a room with "two beds" per Henry's request. That's right folks, we have entered into the "brothers sharing a room phase" and we all love it.

BUT. This room had too much love poured into it to not share it. My husband poured sweat, love, a lot of patience, a lot of ingenuity, and a LOT of paint into this room, and I've never properly thanked him for it. So babe. High five. You're awesome. Now when are you going to do our room?! I kid. I kid. Sorta. ;)

Robot print by a dear friend of mine as a baby gift for Ben.



Robots that are for display purposes only, much to the dismay of ALL the men in our house.



The vignette atop their BLUE dresser. (Please pretend you don't see the dust mmkay?)


(lamp, pottery barn. globes, little men book, King sign, H, thrifted.)



The saddest victim of a three year old.



My uber fav v-day present. Painted in love by Henry. With contributing editing by daddy.



Art work by Grandad, inspired by John W. Golden.





Letter press name. My parents found them when Henry was just a few months. I had wanted to spell out his name in the Zinc letters from Anthro, but just couldn't justify the cost. The combination of the two together was awesome and WAAaaay cheaper. ;) The cow tag with his birthday I found at an abandoned dairy during a photo shoot. I found one with Ben's birthday too (SCORE!).



His bed. Which is never made. Sheets from Land of Nod. Comforter from Walmart. Throw, Scott's from childhood, made by his grandma :) (LOVE!)



Train table built by daddy.



My mother-in-law did this in her play room and I LOVED the idea.



The overview.



A more realistic (but still relatively cleaner version) of everyday.



I loved this room. I would go and sit on his bed and drink coffee while they played. We'd curl up on his bed and read books. We built legos "above my bed!" (higher than his bed).

Thanks again honey, for making such a beautiful room for our boys (and their mommy) to enjoy.