
I tried and tried to prepare Henry to feed the giraffes. We talked it up the whole drive. And the giraffes were the first animals he requested to see when we got the zoo. But when crunch time (HA) came, he wouldn't even come out on the deck to get near them.

But come on, who wouldn't be freaked out by a 17 inch grey tongue?

Well, Ben, that's who. Our resident animal lover.

It was such a beautiful day in Santa Barbara on Saturday. Scott had to take a test at UCSB and so the boys and I passed the time wandering through the zoo. It's been a long time since I've been at the SB zoo and it did not disappoint.
Ignore the solemn faces. They were actually really enjoying themselves ;)







The crocodile (alligator, actually ;) was Henry's favorite.


Ben enjoyed some freedom,

and literally tried to catapult himself into the elephant cage. The look of wonderment on that kids face when he first saw the elephants was just pure amazement. So so cool.







but all good things must come to an end...

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach with daddy and it was perfect.
And I did something I rarely get to do. I laid on the beach. I watched my three boys chase the waves and find rocks and throw sticks. And I just soaked up those moments. No camera. No book or magazine. Just soaking up the last few sunny moments of the day, reveling in these precious moments with our boys.
Thank you Lord for my sweet boys. For entrusting them to Scott and I. May we raise them in a way that honors you and may you receive all the glory in their lives.
2 comments:
I love that zoo! I really should just break down and get the annual pass already. It's so close and the perfect thing to do in a day.
Looks like a perfect day!
Post a Comment