My cousin got married this past Saturday.
My other cousin and I were asked to shoot the wedding.
The wedding was in Seattle (woot! woot!)
Oh darn, you mean Scott and I have to travel to SEATTLE to shoot a wedding and see family? Oh darn. And what's that? We have bestie friends to stay with while we're there? Shucks. Then Scott got the idea of driving up to Vancouver for the day (or for one night) during our trip. Which turned into, lets go to Vancouver for a couple of days. Which turned out to be a BRILLIANT idea. High five Scott.
That being said, we kept forgetting to research what to do in Vancouver. And there we were, two nights before we were leaving, researching, googling, yelping. We got on a plane without a real game plan, other than to see Stanley Park and maybe rent bikes.
We left in a blaze of glory. No joke. It was a 110 degrees on the 4th of the July. Our town is dead. brown, baked to death.
On the 5th we boarded a plane. And landed in cool, 75ish degree weather. Blue skies. Snow covered mountains. Green green green green green EVERY WHERE YOU LOOK. Deep breath, Lorie, {This is gonna be awesome.}
We rode the elevator to the 16th floor, flung open our hotel door and promptly jumped onto the bed. But 3 seconds later I was out on the balcony soaking up our amazing view.





We walked around downtown, shopped, ate dinner at a place called Milestones. YUM. Scott ate CHICKPEAS. and GOAT CHEESE. I thought I would pass out from the shock.
The next morning was heaven. Breakfast in bed. Starbucks. HGTV. House hunters international: London. DIE.

We took the trolley tour.




We did in fact, rent a bike. A tandem bike. And shockingly, we didn't hate each other by the end of the 6ish mile ride around Stanley Park.




We stopped for hot dogs and ice cream.




Shockingly ;) we took a lot of self-pictures.






We ate dinner in Davi(e) village and of course I HAD to take a pic for my Davi :)



I just could not get over our view...

The next day Scott suggested going out to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. In my head I thought, oh goody, a bridge. BUT. I knew Scott would love it. And it ended up being my most favorite thing we did. Plus it rained. And I sorta love rain. A lot.












"Twirling! My mother and I used to twirl..."


Perfect day.

Then Scott begrudgingly got us a taxi to drive out to the ONE Anthropologie in Vancouver. So could say I'd been to one internationally ;)
And cause I had a gift card.

Uh yeah. My AMERICAN gift card didn't work in the CANADIAN store.
Dumb store. Dumb me. Dumb waste of money on a taxi.
But then...we boarded a train...for the next leg of our adventure...




want a hint for what's coming?? and shhhh if you already know... ;)
12 comments:
Love it, one of my favorite things about the northwest, besides the ocean, and mountains, and green trees, and fishing is the native art that is everywhere!! It's one of my favorite art types!! Love'em can't wait to see the rest!!
So much fun!! I'm so glad that you and Scott ha such a good time and got to get away for a relaxing vacay. And go Scott! for being so adventurous with the food. ;)
I know, I know (subtle, btw)!!
Love seeing pics of the Vancouver leg of your trip. Makes a gal wanna travel north!
So wonderful! So so so glad you guys had a great trip. and what fantastic pictures...you both look relaxed, stress free, and in love. Can't wait to hear about the rest. I have no idea of what the pic of the geese mean...you've got me stumped!
Girl, you're looking hot! You seem so content and happy. I hope the picture means you have another ducky on the way.
Aaaa! Congrats, I'm guessing!
GREAT pics of you two!! Looks like SO much fun! And hmmmm...3 little geese - what could that equal?! :)
So fun! Totally inpires me to go to Vancouver next time we're up north! Looks like you guys really enjoyed your alone time. And I agree with Nicole...you're looking HOT!
1-2-3 (I thought they were ducks) but apparently geese! SO Beautiful up there!
For some reason I got a little teary eyed. I guess cuz you look happy doing something wonderful.
I had fun just reading your post! Looks like an amazing time... :)
i think you should get an award for best self-documentation of a trip.
the bridge looked way scary.
and a street? after me? aw shucks:) thanks for taking a picture for me. i feel honored. too bad they can't spell.
the pic of scott with the 2 red statues is hilarious.
and LOL about anthro. at least you tried.
Post a Comment