Sunday, November 20, 2011

letting go.

of competition.
of the need to do it all.
of feeling inadequate.
of comparing.
of jealousy.
of feeling neglected.
forgotten.
replaced.
of judgement.
of assumptions.
of pity parties.
of finding value here.

I was bought and paid for.
though completely unworthy of it, I am loved.
I am a child of God.
that alone defines me.
not who I am as wife.
or a mother.
or a photographer.
or a friend.

I only seek for my identity to be found in Christ.

How I desperately want, and need to let go of it all.
Knowing peace comes from utmost trust. Utmost faith. Utmost devotion.

Happy 600 blog posts. May my Savior receive all the glory for everything I do.

Create in me a clean heart, Oh God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away,
From thy presence oh Lord
Take not thy Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me, the joy of thy salvation
And renew a right spirit within me...

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Oh sweet Lorie. I can relate on so many levels. And I HATE it. I hate our flesh. Our need for approval from others.

I had Justin log me into his facebook the other day so I could catch up on the world and this is a text I sent afterward, " soooo glad I no longer have a facebook. I was full of so much judgement and jealousy. Why am I so ungodly and bitter? Why do I judge the intentions and heart of others when I am not God? I hate feeling like I have to earn the approval of others..." A really raw look at the ugly person I am.

Like you, I'm really working on letting go and letting God (so cliche', I know). I create these feelings of inadequacy myself. I believe the lies. I ALLOW the judgement. and I'm done. Done with putting myself in those situations. Done with allowing myself to be ungodly. Instead, I'm focusing on serving God in a way that is best for MY family. And it's a hard, hard journey--one I'm just starting to travel, but I know the destination will be sweet.

Love you, and I'm sorry if I've ever made you feel any of those feelings...directly or indirectly.