When the day finally came I felt like a kid on Christmas.
No joke, I was that excited.

Jenny and I packed our boys in my mother-in-laws awesome expedition and drove an hour north to spend a perfect (albeit HOT) day on the farm. Our sweet friend Kellie has out done herself by planting rows and rows of produce. Beets and lettuce, tomatoes and peppers, squash and zucchini, cucumbers and broccoli. Not to mention the long row of peach trees ripe for the picking. We were in heaven. Our boys roamed free, chasing chickens, swinging high in the blue skies, fighting over whose turn it was to hold the kittens, eating ice cream cones and sandwiches and sliding down the most impressive blow-up swimming pool/inflatable slide I've ever seen. Heaven I tell you, just heavenly.

Kellie sent us home with a jar of each of her first attempts at canning.
The peach salsa is my favorite so far.
Followed in close second by the triple berry jam.
I'm hording my strawberry lemonade.

Henry and Lefty

Jack and Floyd. Best cat name EVER.

This is where Ben spent the bulk of the morning. In a pink plastic jeep.
Seriously, I think he almost fell asleep in it at one point.

Meeting the chickens.


and a white turkey named Four O'clock. Not joking.

a chicken named Henry. :)


Henry may have pooped on me. hmmm....

Jenny and I wanted to steal these girls. One for each of us. Though I love them both so much I have no idea how Id' pick which one to keep? Pinky war? Switch them every week? Ugh. Seriously. Cute cute CUTE girls.





We're missing Ben in the group picture. Shocker, he was throwing a fit about having his picture taken. What a photog's kid.

then after the littles took a nap we packed up the gang and headed to the best junk store/barn/antique secret in Exeter.
Good Goods. Don't miss it. It's awesome.


They were flood irrigating out front of the barn. And what do you know, our 7 children thought that hot water was just the most amazing thing. Ick. Just thinking about that hot water on that hot afternoon in the beating hot sun makes me sweat all over again. BUT. As Jenny and I talked about later, it was such a memory for kids. Not an ideal one for us (HOW MANY CLOTHES CAN THESE CHILDREN GO THROUGH IN ONE DAY?!) but a memorable perfect one for our boys. And therefore, completely worth the drive home in wet underwear. Well, except for Ben. Cause that boy is naked. All. The. Time.




Other then the completely ugly meltdown Henry had as we were trying to go home, it was a perfect day. And we're already planning a repeat trip in the fall to stock up on pumpkins, and to breathe some of that fresh country air.
6 comments:
Lorie, thanks for posting about our farm day. We had such a great time and can't wait to do it again. Thanks!
Where is this place? I must go.
Um, how fun is this?! It doesn't even look like the central valley. I love the sweet friendship that your boys have with Jenny's boys!
so fun!
and you got pooped on!
BAHA. that's hilarious.
how fun!! looks like such a great time! and the poop is hilarious, would have totally happened to me! ps....no pressure but can't wait to see the pics!
She is totally living my dream. SO much fun!!! What awesome memories for sure.
Post a Comment