Friday, March 23, 2007

Ogre's are like Onions

So when reading my weekly update about my wee babe's growth and how he is an onion this week, I couldn't stop quoting Shrek. So here I am, at work (yes, I blog at work, you have no idea how dull my days can be at times) quoting Shrek to myself and cracking up. Yes that's right. I'm carrying on a conversation with myself and really enjoying it. Pope, my drama teacher in high school, always said I was my own best audience. Sad but true.

How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 5 ounces now, and he's around 5 inches long — about the size of a large onion. He can move his joints, and his skeleton — until now rubbery cartilage — is starting to harden to bone. His sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many weeks are you now? Oh, and Shrek is GREAT :)

carol grams said...

i like cake better than onions, it has layers too! grams

lorieloo said...

and Parfaits, everybody loves parfaits....

Rachel V said...

You crack me up! :) I can just picture you quoting Shrek to yourself.