It's been one of those weeks where I've learned difficult lessons, the hard way. Where I've unintentionally hurt people by what I've said, not said, or allowed to be said in my presence. In high school I lived for drama. Dug it up, basked in, stirred it up even. Then I experienced one too many horrible situations in my workplace and realized that not only is it not as fun as I once thought, but as a Christian, I should be promoting Christ, not conflict. So I've done my best to avoid it. Hasn't always worked, and I've relapsed at times. I've been the creator of or harvester of conflict. But when people I love and respect are hurt, I hurt. I realize all over again why it is that I need to avoid it. God has been working on me this week. Teaching me, molding me, showing me that there are repercussions for all decisions I make, regardless of how small or insignificant they seem to be at the time.
And all the stress of unwanted drama, mixed with leftover wedding let-down, and my husband being gone (and therefore not sleeping well), I'm feeling very overwhelmed, very tired, very drained. Both emotionally and physically. I could use your prayers. That I would feel refreshed knowing that God has me safely in the palm of his hand, that He has forgiven me, and that all things in life God uses for good.
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the JOY of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12
6 comments:
The first step is recognizing it through the help of the Spirit and asking for help. And then He hears and is there with you. Transparency is always a wonderful gift, thanks for sharing yours today. Our tongues are our worst enemies sometimes. Think blessings, say blessings, avoid curses. :)
P.S. Thanks for your comment about Blue. He's a special little birdie!
I hope you are more encouraged today and found the Lord's mercies new once again today! :)
For how long is your hubby gone? I hope he gets home soon so his little pregnant wife can get the rest she needs. I don't sleep well without mine either... it's amazing how used we get to them being right there beside us!
Still am loving reading your blog. I bet people value your honesty on here so much. I know I do. It's just a reminder to all of us that we're not the only ones. Thanks for putting yourself out there. Praying for your sleep as your hubby's gone. I hate that feeling!
Man that was a confusing comment. What I meant was we're not the only ones who mess up!
Hope your week is going better... especially now that I said you could copy my vintage fabric. :)
How will we know whose blanket is whose when we go to picnics though???
I'm pretty sure I know how you feel. . . It's situations like this (of which I'm of course not familiar:) that I truly understand what grace is. Can't earn it, can only receive it.
Post a Comment