Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Pride and Prejudice

So last November Ellie showed me this amazing photographer that her sister just booked for her wedding. Cameron Ingalls instantly became the blog I read everyday. He is amazing. I was instantly drawn to his heart, and even though I didn't (and still don't) know him personally, he challenges me as a photographer and a Believer. And in all honestly, reading his blog and looking (daily) at his website finally motivated me enough to start my own blog. It might be embarrassing to admit this (but I have a habit of divulging embarrassing information about myself, even if I don't want to) but I've read every post he's ever written. I was enraptured with his photography. His style; how I seemed to know every subject just by how he captured them. Okay, I'm babbling.

One of his posts was about his friend Chris, and this sweet video that Chris had made for his wife Emery.
I clicked the link to their blog and instantly found another addiction. I loved her heart. It was like someone was writing all the things I couldn't say, verbalizing thoughts I had in a way that made me want to just cry out with joy. Someone was just like me. I read her blog religiously, but it wasn't until several months later I finally had the courage to comment. I mean here I was, this random person, so many states away, why would she care what I had to say? But she did. She responded to my comment. She commented on my blog. And still does. It's weird, the bond you have with people you've never, and might never meet. But I love our little cyber-friendship.

This week she came up with this fabulous idea of reading Pride and Prejudice and was anyone interested in reading along with her? Sort of like a blogging book club. WHERE DO I SIGN!?

So it's beginning, and this is the first week. Would you like to join us? There are several contributors, writing their thoughts, questions, comments on the book. This week we are to read chapters 1 through 6. (Don't worry, they're very short) So grab the book , or go here or here.

Wow, that was a long story....my apologies.

6 comments:

carol grams said...

great idea...but have to purchase the book...too bad you don't live w/me still, we could share...carolgrams

The Norvells said...

I love that idea! I read Sense and Sensibility last summer and was totally challenged by it. I have never been the strongest reader, so reading something with such a different style and dialect was hard for me, but I love th efact that I did it on my won, that I actually understood it mostly, and that I actually got through it. Good luck!
KCN
PS- the movie that came out a few years ago with Kiera Knightly...one of my all time favorites. I lust over it :>)

scottland said...

boring...

Excellent Parent said...

Hi, im a PP reader with you.
Cameron INgalls was my husband and mine bestman so sadely he couldnt take out pictures and Emry is a good friend, we were preg wiht our first boys together. Just so you know, they are both as awsome as they seem!! wooooooo hoooooo

Emery Jo said...

i am so very very glad you found me in this large blogworld. And I am loving your thoughts on the book! Kepp em coming! :)

misguidedmommy said...

so, i've been reading ems blog for over a year, and my husband is still mad at chris for that...because i bring it up like o umm every day!