Monday, June 04, 2007

My baby's gender is revealed!

While in the hospital room holding baby Gracie I become completely overwhelmed that in 3 shorts months I would be the one in bed, with the IV's and the ice chips and the crappy hospital food.
I AM GOING TO HAVE A BABY.
Scratch that.
I'M GOING TO DELIVER A BABY!!!
Yowser. That's scary.
I kept having these random, passing moments of panic, how am I going to do that? What if I can't do it? HOW THE HECK DID I GET IN THIS SITUATION???
(don't answer that, I KNOW how, I'm just panicking)
And then I looked at Julie. Serene, happy (maybe slightly still in epidural heaven?) And I thought, "I can do this"

As I held little Gracie, her head full of beautiful dark hair, and her little mouth trying to find her fingers to suckle on, my baby begin going crazy. I had NEVER felt it move like this. It would not stop!
I kept thinking of Mary, entering Elizabeth's house, and the baby in her womb jumping at her very presence.
"As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Then last night I went to visit them and again held baby Gracie, soaking up her little sighs, her sweet little stretches, her beautiful head of hair. She looks just like her dad. And there it began again. My baby was going nuts inside. My baby was sooo excited to be this close to Gracie again.
SO I'M TOTALLY HAVING A BOY. Because Gracie is a hotty, and my baby aint no fool. He knows it's only 3 shorts months until he gets to see his beloved.

Either that or it's a girl and she can't wait to be born so they can paint each others nails and braid each others hair. Well, Gracie's anyway, my kid will probably be bald like her cousins all were.

So my baby is TOTALLY a boy. Or maybe it's a girl....

11 comments:

Amy said...

you are sooo cute! i love this post and i love that i found your blog!
can't wait to keep up with all the chambless baby news!
love, amy o...well amy b actually :o)

lorieloo said...

Amy O! Why do you not have a blog that I comment on for you! SOO good to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

You know what would be just awesome if you had a baby monkey, and it would be an orangutan cause the red hair of course, monkey's are the coolest and they make the funniest sound with their lips
My nephew/niece will be a little monkey not matter what species!!
Side note itsn't it freaky that even though you're baby isn't even born yet it has social skillz with other babies, and knows their presence. It's crazy, of course are we really surprised that "Lorie's" child is already social?? ;)
Man blogs are cool I can give you crap here too, gotta love being the "big" brother.
Love ya sis so excited for you and Scott!!

Olive Oyl said...

Um, I have a wierd feeling that ALL of us are having boys... even though I really think Sara is having a girl, and I know that you and I harbor secret (or not-so-secret) desires to have girls, I still think that in a wierd way we may all have boys....

But alas, then who would they all marry!?

Amy said...

hey...i'm not sure! it's boganamy.blogspot.com :o) come visit my site!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lorie, you are so funny! I loved your reasoning behind your baby's gender. :) Too funny.
your friend's new baby girl is adorably sweet. I love the name Gracie too.
Heck yes, you can do it. I won't scare you with stories (I hear getting an epidural takes away the scary stories though :)), but even if you have a horrible delivery it all comes to down to this: you will have a baby at the end (God willing) and it is ALLLL worth it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm confused. Do you know if it is a boy or a girl? Or do you know and want to leave it surprise? I'm rooting for a boy, secretly because if I ever get married and have children I'd like to have all sons, just like Kristin Lavransdatter. Up for a little Norweigan fiction these last three months? It's an amazing read. Lots of love.

MacD Kids said...

Okay that was MEAN...my heart totally jumped as I read your title thinking you got overwhelmed seeing Julie and decided you needed to know in order to plan... I didn't even read the whole entry cuz I was scanning like mad thinking I was about to find out !!! Man, Im crashing HARD right now from your little game :-) But don't worry cuz I actually KNOW it's a boy... you and Colleen, and then Christie's is a girl and Sara Im up in the air... Im not wrong about these things ya know... Exhibit A = Macy, Exhibit B = Carter :-)Luv u!

carol grams said...

I'm just laughing!!!!
carol grams!!

Anonymous said...

Exhibit C = Octavian
Do we really need another CC?? We have Caroll Carole....It'd be hard to fill her shoes!!
Carter Chambless? eh I submit for veto, but I love Macy, maybe she'd get discounts!
I vote Octavian Chambless brin' back Rome baby!!
http://www.grisel.net/images/greece/Octavian.JPG

Margie said...

I love this post! You'll do great. Can't wait to find out what's inside!