Today started out like any other.
Scott rolled over in bed, kissed me and then my belly, and then sleepily asked
"No baby huh? I'm sorry honey."
I slept in a little, got up, puttered around the house, did some laundry.
Got a call to go hang with Colleen, and knowing that getting out of the house would be good for me, I happily agreed. We had a yummy thrown lunch together and then I proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon sewing while she ironed, cleaned and talked. It was nice and relaxing. Until around 4 o'clock. I started getting funny pains in my stomach which would come and go. Contractions? They weren't like anything I had before. Then slowly, by 5 my back was aching. I was determined to finish my sewing project (which I did-YAY!) and when I finally got home at 6 I felt like I was doing some serious laboring. My back was killing me, the pains in my stomach were inconsistently consistent, this was it! We had a little dinner and walked around the block, pausing through the pain, wow this could really be happening.
But here it is, after 10 and nothing. I still have some tightness in my back. My feet, legs and hands are so puffy and swollen. And for the first time since January, I'm tired of being pregnant. I still savor the small movements, the little ripples and waves of my belly as this child moves and stretches. But I'm tired of my physical limitations and all the unknowns on the horizon.
Tired of not being able to put on a pair of shoes with out straining something. Tired of not being able to bend over, fit in normal spaces (like bathroom stalls!) and tired of waiting for nothing to happen. I'm beginning to understand those women who say "I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever".
5 days over due, she had to wait 12, so I guess I really don't have much room to complain. But I envy her little arrival. I envy that she gets to hold her little one, see his face, know he's a boy, name him. I've loved being pregnant, but now all I can focus on is this little face I can't see. A name I don't know. A little person in either blue or pink.
Baby, please come soon-your mom and dad are dying to meet you!
10 comments:
Hang in there friend, soon, sooo soon and then in a matter of NO time, you honestly will not even be able to recall what in the world it felt like to have a stinking HUMAN inside you! You'll look at that precious bundle in your arms, and you'll be like, no way, they just gave me this baby at the hospital right, it wasn't ever really INSIDE me... right? Soon, soooo soon.
nipple stimulation they say that works...so go play with yourself!
Sounds like progress. Glad your day was productive if nothing else. I'm thinking that you'll probably be in the hospital by the end of the day.
Hang in there! You know we are all praying for you and thinking about you!!!
Hopefully the Dr. will tell you today you are dilated to like 9 or something already... :) Wouldn't that be lovely?!
I know this stinks, but REMEMBER SISTER... WE ARE HAVING BABIES!!! YEAH!!! (Well, we are if they ever arrive!!!)
Sounds like it's getting close! Praying for you!
My girl wasn't late so I can't entirely sympathize but I did have 8 minute apart contractions (full on can't speak through the pain) for 5 days before my water finally broke and I went to the hospital so I totally get the done being pregnant feeling! Hang in there, what others are saying is so true, once this little one is in your arms all the waiting will disappear and you'll wonder when you possibly didn't know exactly who this little person inside you was.
I loved your last paragraph--Almost made me cry--however, I don't have time to cry. I have some sewing to do before Ollie awakens again....For the 3rd time in a row.
Thinking about you and checking back often for the update that baby is on its way! Hope its soon! Will your doctor strip your membranes? It worked for Angela.
It isn't that you are sick of being pregnant, it is that you are sooo ready to meet your baby... okay maybe you are sick of being pregnant just a little : )
Hang in there sister!!! At least you now have the end in sight... regardless of how things go this week, you'll be holding that little baby in your arms in less than 5 days!!!
I know, I know, 5 days seems like forever... but just continue to be positive... soon you'll hardly be able to remember what it was like to be pregnant! :)
LOVE YOU and THINKING ABOUT YOU and waiting patiently with my hubby to make you a "Welcome Baby" sign!!!
Post a Comment