Sunday, September 09, 2007

False Alarm

So apparently pregnant women, especially those close to delivery, can pee with out feeling it.

Yeah, didn't know that.

So imagine my excitement when my water broke this morning.
We got up, took showers,
(I did my hair again too! I'm telling you, I should just stop doing my hair!)
packed last minute things and off to the hospital we went.

Only then to find out about the lack of urinary control. Thankfully it's quite normal, however still embarrassing. I had a lot of contractions while there, but still nothing serious, and they have since become less and less regular.

So still no baby, but at least the car is packed and ready to go.

11 comments:

Lindsey Woodland said...

hahaha pee pee pants!!! I'm sorry, that must have been embarrassing. Don't worry the baby will be here soon. Soooo stubborn, just like its mom!

Anonymous said...

I saw Brenda at Michaels and she told me this story. Wasn't sure if you were going to go public with it...Oh the joys of pregnancy. I wore a panty liner at the end because the pee would just leak occasionally, YUCK that's so gross. Glad your body is at least TRYING to make some progress. :)

Brent and Julie said...

Don't worry...we've all made that fateful trip to the hospital only to be sent home. It is so disappointing. Gee...I feel like you're a ticking time bomb. :)

Olive Oyl said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with little control over my bladder. I have suffered a few times already from a powerful sneeze or sudden burst of laughter...

Don't worry... it can't stay in there for forever! :) And, like I said on the phone earlier, you are paying that place enough that you are allowed plently of "false alarms..." :)

Olive Oyl said...

Oh, ya, but I DID guess that you would have the baby on the 10th... so I'm going to pray extra EXTRA hard tonight that you go into labor. I mean, I've prayed for you a ton already, but tonight I'm going to be doing some extra work. Little Maggie is soooooooooo going to arrive tomorrow! :)

The Norvells said...

Um...that is too funny! You're a hoot, Lorie!

Lydia said...

One of those things in life that's made so much better with the thought that "this will be great for the blog." It really brings a whole new perspective to life. Can't wait for the real thing!

Talia said...

you're so funny, doing your hair and everything. :) I was a total scrub for labor. Of course, both times I woke up at 3 in the morning, so oh well. But it's good that you are trying to be cute, because I look at my pictures from then now and I HATE them of myself, because not only did I just push a baby out of me, I had bedhead from being asleep before and no makeup on! :) Of course, you are probably cute no matter what...
well, girly, I am going to be checking your blog many times today! I am praying your baby hurries! :)

IndianaJones said...

this is too funny. We made one trip to the hospital before the baby actually came too...seems like some sort of initiation for first timers...hang in there, relax and know that God's got the timing down just right so no need to rush it. My best girlfriend has had two that were both 3 weeks late and perfectly healthy...turns out her body just carries a little longer, no big deal. I'm sure any day now you will be resting with your amazing little creature dozing in your arms.
All our best to you and your family.

Megan said...

Ok I am SO impressed at your light-heartedness and great attitude about it all. You have a WAY greater capacity for laughs about being over-due than I did. You and your husband both need to give you pats on the back!

misguidedmommy said...

TRYING SOOOO HARD NOT TO LAUGH RIGHT NOW! BECAUSE IF I LAUGH TO HARD I'LL PEE MY OWN PREGNANT PANTS