Thursday, September 06, 2007

Officially Due

So I don't know many people who spend the day they're due going to a funeral.
But that's what I did. And I had contractions the whole way through it. Not big ones, not anything consistent, but contractions none the less. But a funeral you say? Yes, a funeral. And of someone I don't know and am pretty sure I've never met. Call it family obligation. My MIL didn't want to go alone, and myself and Colleen where the only ones who didn't have an excuse mind going.

On the way home I called Scott to let him know about the contractions, at this point they were coming every half hour or so. (Still are).

He came home at normal time, knowing that if anything serious started happening I'd call him.
And even though I keep telling him this is just early pre-labor stuff, that I could do this for a couple more days, he's very excited. He's packing toiletries, picking up the house, emptying the trunk of the car. At one point he was even chasing Roxie around the house with the stroller.
Where was the video camera when I needed it!
(Oh yeah, it's already charged, packed and ready to go)

So YEAH progress. Like I said, I don't know how serious any of these contractions are. But I'm about to go get the leash (for Roxie, not for Scott) and go pound the pavement. Come home...try some other stuff =) , and then go to a friends birthday party to wait it out. Who knows, the baby might decide tomorrow is the day, or Saturday, (which would be SUPER cool cause it's birthday would be 09/08/07!) or maybe even not till next week sometime.

But if that's the case, the small blue bottle of castor oil I bought yesterday might actually be used....

1 comment:

Olive Oyl said...

I told Mark you were having contractions, and he was like, "how far apart are they?!" Yeah, he is ready for baby to come. We are ready to have a little neice or nephew just down the street!!! (Yes, I know you are obviously more anxious than we are... but still, we are oober excited!) :)