Friday, September 14, 2007

Something real

So last night they began.

10:14. Real contractions. Real, double over, take your breath away, contractions.
They were intense. They started out 20 minutes or so apart. We finished our movie and they only got closer. So finally around midnight I took a shower.
8-10 minutes a part.
Did my hair, packed last minute things.
8 minutes a part.
Scott took a shower, I laid in bed and yelled at him to time them.
8 minutes a part.
They slowly got more and more intense, but further and further a part.
By 3:30 they were every 20 minutes. I woke up at 5:30 not having one for over an hour,
but then had 3 in 40 minutes. Then nothing. A few sharp contractions, short and sweet.
But now it's 8, haven't had anything in about 45 minutes.

Scott said, get up, get ready, Christie will be here at 8. You need to be ready.
Ready for what?
He won't tell me.
So while I'm disappointed that nothing has happened (yet), my husband knows how much I love surprises (as long as I don't know about them too far in advance).

Wait...contraction.......
OW

People say they do this for several days. Oi. HOW?!
So I'll post later to tell you what I'm off to do, and if anything else happens.

12 comments:

Lindsey Woodland said...

contractions sound like so much fun, I wish you a day full of them!!!! No seriously I do.... get that baby out. : )

Talia said...

oh yes, aren't they just a blast?? :)
but I am excited to hear that you are getting more! I hope this is the real thing for you, and you don't have to wait until Sunday...

misguidedmommy said...

oi i think your the first person i've heard say oi its so cute i just love it...oi

Anonymous said...

Sounds similar to how mine started. Hope your surprise was fun! You've got great sisters in your life! Hopefully we'll be getting a call tonight or tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

Josh and I checked the hospital for you guys when we were at San Dimas this afternoon. Sad your family wasn't there! Keep up the good spirits!

Angela B said...

Woo Hoo, darline niece! Methinks I'll be a great-auntie again here soon!

Love you,
Angie

misguidedmommy said...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lydia said...

No post on Sat or Sun....have you had your baby???!!!!

Talia said...

ooohhh, I cannot wait for pictures and your first mommy post!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, I think you'll be home today and you'll post pictures.

WooPoo said...

For those desperately wanting to know what happened with Lorie...she had her baby on Saturday. She had a C-section, so she probably won't be home until tomorrow.
Here's the article from our local paper.


http://www.bakersfield.com/102/story/237628.html

misguidedmommy said...

OMG YAY CONGRATS I'M SO EXCITED FOR PICTURES I HOPE YOU HEAL WELL. ADVICE...WHEN YOU COUGH OR SNEEZE HOLD YOUR BELLY FOR DEAR LIFE OR IT WILL HURT. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH. A BOY UGGG THEY ARE THE BEST, AND HENRY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME