That's what Scott says getting a Christmas tree with me really is.
Paying for pictures.


Because I really could care less about finding "the perfect tree", I'm usually content with the first or second one we find. I really just want "the perfect picture" of us finding a tree. Because with me, it's all about the pictures. Blame it on the profession, or the constant need to document (or way over document) my life. Everything from picking out Christmas trees to random smiley baby faces in the grocery store. I want to soak it all up. I don't want to miss anything. And in the chance that I forget some of the small moments I want pictures to remind me.



So here they are, my perfect "picking out Henry's first Christmas tree" pictures.
I think the reason I love them, is they're not perfect. Just like the experience. It was cold. Henry was coughing and fussy. I got bored with picking out a tree in like 2 minutes and poor Scott is left to pick up the pieces. Or tie them on to the back of my dads truck. Then we proceeded to go home where Henry promptly ate and then fell asleep. Leaving the decorating to two very tired parents. Maybe next year huh?
17 comments:
Hey, even though they (i.e. our children) don't remember these little events, we as mothers need to create and continue these traditions...
...so that some day when our boys are fathers they will say, "hey kids, I'm dragging you to the tree lot, just like my mom did with me every year." :)
Sam slept through our tree purchasing experience... he woke up long enough to gaze lovingly at the flocked tree, which I promptly scurried away from so he wouldn't get any ideas. :)
BTW, Roxie is looking fabulous in her sweater and bow. I really like her new haircut.
well, I think the pictures were worth it... they are wonderful as always! What great memories.
But, geez, $40?? Is that really how much a tree costs these days?? The first Christmas Jeremy and I were married (which I think was the only year we bought a real tree), I think we paid $19 for it. Of course, it might have been scrawnier than I remember too... :)
I think you and I might rival for most documented lives...my husband keeps getting on me about all of the discs upon discs of photos I've taken since Indy was born...well over 10,000 at this point! But I get that feeling, I just don't want to miss a second especially knowing she won't really remember this time, it is a legacy for her. I'm sure when Henry grows up and looks back on these pictures they will hold a certain sense of magic to him as they may be one of only a few years that he had you guys to himself. Well, almost to himself, Roxie looks like she's quite content to take child status if given the opportunity:) These are very precious and will long be treasured no doubt.
YAY for Christmas! even though this year i'm feeling kinda bah-humbug.. Your tree looks beautiful as do your pictures!! Love you girl! Give that boy a kiss for me!
--Jamie
So I'm a lame uncle cause in the last few blog entries...all I'm thinking is...okay what lens is she using to get such sweet lighting!! Does that make me lame??
We don't even have a tree yet, in fact it doesn't even seem like Christmas...but that can be a good thing, less stress and anxiety!!
Can't wait to see the pictures of Henry with "GrandpaSanta"!!
Hey Lorie, cute pics. I love the one of you and Henry with the tree. :-) BTW... I've decided to splurge and and get the 50mm f/1.4 instead of the f/1.8. I think that extra f-stop will be worth it. Especially when I see pics like these. ;-) Thanks again for the info.
I love your photos sooo much! What kind of camera do you use?
That is the sweetest picture of Henry sleeping, it almost makes me want a little baby right now, almost :)
your pictures always make me jealous. i wish i knew about filters and lighting and what not and had a super awesome camera so i could take good pictures
all of you are adorable. i absolutely love Roxie's swater and bow. toooooooooo stinkin cute!
I love it all!! All your comments, all your friends/family comments!! Yah! love, love love it! grams :)
Just popping in to say what a fabulous photographer you are. I also think you are a woman after my own heart after reading the comment about the "perfect picture" vs. "perfect tree".
Now that I've scared you a bit, let me introduce myself... My name is Emily, married to Brandon (old roommate of Brad's), and also friend to Michael and Melinda. Am actually standing in Melinda's kitchen as she slaves away to prepare a fabulous meal for us as I type this.
Nice to meet you.
Ha Ha....The MacDiarmid "friend" found you :)
I dont always coment but I always love looking at how big that little boy is getting! he is so cute! I like that picture of him on the couch, it is great!!
I end up thinking the same thing as some of the others, "I love this post!...I wonder what lens she's using...." You gotta let us know these things! :)
The tree is a magical thing.
I heard Henry was sick. Is this true? Poor thing. I hope you are back to blogging soon. I just found you ......
Post a Comment