Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas: A Photo Essay

I really would love to sit down right now, open my heart and head, write something deep, profound, something real. But right now my head and heart are in jumbles. The last two days have been amazing. Our Christmas Eve service was both sweet and challenging. Time with family was precious, if not wonderfully overwhelming. Celebrating our first Christmas as a family of three was an absolute joy. So I now present Christmas 2007, through my lens.

10 comments:

MacD Kids said...

Had to check in on my bako family on Christmas! love the pics, feel like I was there :-) Luv u - Katie

Barbie said...

Looks like you had a Merry Christmas! Great pictures!

Olive Oyl said...

I'm drooling over that little red rocking chair. Henry should bring it over, and Sam could sit in his new armchair and they could sit on the porch and talk about the good 'ol days like two little old men. :)

Can't wait to drag them around the block in their new wagons!!!

Talia said...

it looks like a lovely Christmas indeed. I'm so glad you enjoyed so much your first CHristmas as parents. But then, I knew you would! :)
I love Henry's PJ's with the butt-flap.
your pictures are beautiful as always.

bandofbrothers said...

love all the jammies. btw -I'm drooling over your lens. The photographer ain't half-bad either:)

Emily Main said...

the pictures are great! Christmas with this family is going to be madness in a few years! I love it! I want this.

quick question... how do you get other people to take pictures of you with your camera? that is my one problem. I love taking pictures of everyone else, but who is going to take MY picture? ha. Usually, the person gets bored by the time I adjust the settings using them as a model... auto is just horrible now that I know how to use manual.

Sara said...

You know, I have no desire to be a photographer or even invest a tenth of what you've invested to be great. But I must say that I am insanely jealous that your children will have such beautiful pictures documenting their lives. Well, at least your in the fam so I can steal some now and then!!

Sara said...

Oh, and isn't James totally a "Hot Cop" in that pic?!

Coco said...

Hey, he's hot in whatever he wears. And I agree with Sar, you will have beautiful pics of your little ones. Please take pics of mine whenever you want. I love them!

Coco said...

By the way, what is with everyone noticing how hot my two men are? Don't be trying to steal my men now.