Thankfully today is PJ day. Several weeks back, overwhelmed with the pull of life in so many directions, I donned Monday as PJ Monday. A day that I plan to do nothing. I stay at home, relish time with my son, do laundry, watch TV, snuggle with my boy and my dog, and most importantly stay in our PJ's all day long. But somebody decided to poop their pants this morning, so Mommy is the only one still in PJ's.
Monday, January 07, 2008
a Lot of blah
It's gray outside. And damp, misty, cold. I do so love this kind of weather. It tricks my mind into thinking I live somewhere other than here. And rainy winter weather is so short lived here that I attempt to soak up all of it that I can. Unfortunately my favorite weather has coincided with an unfavored behavior pattern from my son. Mostly fussiness. Unending fussiness. Crying. More fussiness. Warranting nothing but exhaustion and frustration on my part. It's not necessarily his fault. He's teething. Therefore very angry over the intrusive pain in his mouth. Since having some of my ridiculous amount of cavities filled almost two weeks ago, I still have pain on that side and have come to only chewing on one side. So I understand and sympathize how oral discomfort causes unhappy, cranky people. But since his only way of communicating his feelings is to scream at me and fuss continually, I grow less and less patient and understanding with each day. Add to that the return of some not so enjoyable abdomen and incision pain from Henry's oh-so-dramatic-introduction-to-the-world a few months back and you get an unhappy mum with a very fussy boy. And an even grayer outlook.
Thankfully today is PJ day. Several weeks back, overwhelmed with the pull of life in so many directions, I donned Monday as PJ Monday. A day that I plan to do nothing. I stay at home, relish time with my son, do laundry, watch TV, snuggle with my boy and my dog, and most importantly stay in our PJ's all day long. But somebody decided to poop their pants this morning, so Mommy is the only one still in PJ's.

Thankfully today is PJ day. Several weeks back, overwhelmed with the pull of life in so many directions, I donned Monday as PJ Monday. A day that I plan to do nothing. I stay at home, relish time with my son, do laundry, watch TV, snuggle with my boy and my dog, and most importantly stay in our PJ's all day long. But somebody decided to poop their pants this morning, so Mommy is the only one still in PJ's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
well I'm certainly glad it was not you who pooped their pants. I wish that just monday was PJ day. Unfortunately, M-F has been donned pj day around here lately. Kind of takes some of the charm away from it. Last night I actaully took Calvin to Walmart in his pj's. I figured, when in Rome...
Dude seriously Scott...it's not that hard to pull your pants down...??
Geez!!
-D
Today has been a pj day for us too although Indy is into her second pair after having mid morning tea and toast with peanut butter that some how exploded all over her sleepers. I like the idea of at least one day a week...not sure if we will make it a tradition just yet as it seems I have some sort of out of the house apt. every day for the next few weeks but soon pj day must make it's appearance around here. Enjoy the grey:)
PJ day-- I love it. That's a great idea! It's liberating. I always feel bad and lazy when I remain in my PJ's past lunch time... but, if it's a designated day, the guilt is gone!! :) I might have to try that.
Sorry your little guy is SO fussy right now, poor little teether. I can hardly believe he is old enough to be getting teeth....!
I hope things perk up soon. :)
pj day is a wonderful idea.
is it wrong that his jammies make me think of that show i love new york..hmmmm
Post a Comment