Monday, February 11, 2008

The Blue Door revisited

I found this place a long time ago and used it for engagement pictures. I keep thinking I'll go back out there and use it again because it's a great location. There's nobody around, it's quiet and there's several buildings and a great expanse of empty fields to enjoy. So a few weeks back when I was in my "I'm going stir crazy in this house with my fussy baby so I'll just get in the car and drive" phase I tried to find the place "with the blue door". I got on I5 and drove south. 30 minutes (or so) later I was at the base of the grapevine and had CLEARLY missed the exit to the blue door. So I headed north on I5. And after several failed attempts at exits and Henry beginning to wake up and get fussy, I gave up. But I remembered the actual road that it was on. So on Saturday I finally found it again with Scott. And I just had to share my favorite spot with my darling Ellie and Davi (Gretchen where were you?) and little Ollie. And like we always do when we're together, we take pictures. And take ourselves way to seriously. Or maybe we don't, and that's why it's so fun.



I must be hanging out with Ellie and Davi too much, I have never in my life owned something yellow. And now I own two things yellow. Sheesh. Peer pressure.

Super Ms. Ellie to the rescue. See it's really a ploy, Davi and I are trying to get Ellie pregnant. Well not us, get her pregnant, but you get the idea. So our plan involves baby over-load. The next phase we'll just randomly start sending her smiley baby pictures. Nakey, roll-ey poll-ey baby pictures full of yummy chubby baby goodness.

She has to cave eventually right?


14 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

Oh I feel a huge case of the smiling bed-time faces attacking tonight!

Before you know it, you will be buying yellow velvet chairs with us at the Goodwill!! Don't freak out Scotty-boy!!

Lydia said...

How do you guys always look so dang cute when you get together??!! It makes me sick! :)

And the blue door and the fisheye are both great...maybe this Saturday would be a good day for a scouting trip....

mrs schienbein said...

I doubt with kids as cute as yours that it's very hard to talk anyone into wanting one for themselves.
And guess who has two thumbs and wants a blue door on their house? This guy!

David Anderson said...

All I have to say is "Damn those are some great shots!!" It helps when you're models are adorable!! So are you fish eye crazy now?? I always have like really wide angle shots, just haven't had the lens or camera at this point to pull anything off!!
When is it my turn to go play Photog?? I'm telling you sis, we've got to hit the hill pre-paso they are incredibly green, but we gotta go soon!! You know how green things in this valley last!!
-David (aka Tall Walt)

Emily Main said...

Bako or not, I'm so jealous of your locations! OK .. and the gut you have to hang out at these places!

Barbie said...

Fun! How could Ellie not be baby hungry after hanging out with Henry and Ollie?

P.S. You all look beautiful, but Davi is striking her super sexy pose in the picture with all three of you girls :) She's working the pouty lips and the hair!

gretchen said...

im so sad i missed it! i found out last minute i had to sign papers at the bank for a loan for our new car and it took right up until i needed to go to work :o( lijah and i are very sad but these pictures are soooo cute! i love it!

Olive Oyl said...

So fun! Is this what I missed while I was visiting the "Happiest Place on Earth!?" :)

We will have fun next Monday. Sammy is already practicing for his nakey pictures. :) He is totally going to do the George Costanza move on a fine, red velvet sofa. :)

Lindsey Woodland said...

No! You leave Ellie alone : )

Cristina Mathers said...

hey! nice to meet you too! i think it was shannon, or maybe emery's blog that i have seen you on too. i love your pics! you are a fab photog!

Emily Faulknor said...

I love you in yellow Lorie, it makes you glow with warmth. :) I saw that shirt at Target and really liked it!

Ashley said...

That is such a cool door! Great spot. I'm jealous.

And I love the yellow... I usually don't wear it either, maybe I should, it looks great on you.

Sara said...

It's not fair how great these pictures are. Not fair at all. All that photog energy should be spread out on all of us hopeless lame-o's, not bunched up on you spoiled with creativity and talent and beauty people. I'm not bitter at all.

anna joy said...

omgomgomg i love these!