Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seriously...

Has anyone else had this problem? In the last week I've had two "people" who I didn't know comment on my blog. When I click on their names to view their profiles they're SO not people. One is a porn site and one didn't exist. I would really hate to have to enable my moderation by email thingy, because that just takes a lot of time and effort (on my part). Does anyone know how to block specific people from commenting? The only thing I have set up for is blocking anonymous comments. Is anyone else having this problem?

7 comments:

Sally said...

Lorie - you can turn on a word verification thing that might help. It's one of those things where you have to type in the letters so your comment is accepted. I have it on my blog, and I've never gotten any of those weird comments. I'd try that before turning on moderation...that would be a pain. Good luck!

Lydia said...

I don't do moderation, but I do have any new comments sent to my e-mail. I'm on my computer a lot, so I can catch spam comments and delete them before anyone sees them. That keeps me from having to do the word verification, which is a hassle for commenters. The spam comes in spurts on my site....a few every few months or so (and I do allow anonymous comments). If it were more, I'd have to use something like word verification.

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Is one of them me? Just in case, I'm Emily and I have never met you but feel like I know you. I grew up with the Chambless family - my Mom Susan was one of Brenda's great friends. Megan Mills is my sister. Ok, is it ok if I comment? :-)

lorieloo said...

no emily, you can totally comment, although I did wonder who you were.=)

nice to meet you!

Emily Main said...

I had some weird perv leave an icky comment once.. but I deleted and moved on. I do comment moderations though... thanks to my trusty iPhone I can receive comments and publish anywhere!

anna joy said...

yeah i've got commented by 3 of those things. the first one said 'click here' and the mystery was too much for me and low and behold it almost crashed my flippin computer with a virus! guh! who let these robot things online and how did they find our blogs?!

misguidedmommy said...

okay since i'm still bent about this have you placed a picture in the lost and found section of your city's craigslist?