Henry has been fussy all day. He's finally sleeping right now as he completely decided to not nap this morning. He's running a small fever and the heat isn't helping.
And this weekend kicked my butt. There has been this nasty stomach flu thats gone around lately. EVERYONE had it. So I purposely didn't go anywhere. We even stayed home from church last week in the hopes of by passing the wicked little bug. So you can understand my uneasiness when out of NOWHERE my stomach starts being funky and making weird noises Friday afternoon. I assumed it was the ice cream I had just devoured. So when several hours later and with barely one slice of pizza consumed I was not well. Mark and Christie and Sam were over. Christie and I had planned to sew and be crafty and catch up on the Hills. No such luck. I had barfed twice and passed out on the couch by 9. I thought that was it. Got the godforsaken ice cream out of my system. Not so. I was sick again. At 1. And then 2. Thankfully Scott is my super hero and he let me sleep ALL day and he took care of the boy. I thought I had weathered the storm. I wasn't eating much, but by yesterday afternoon I thought I felt better enough to go to lunch at Mama2's house. That didn't last long. Within a few hours I was feeling yucky again. So I went home, tried to rest but the boy didn't want to nap. So when Scott got home we decided to run some errands and get some dinner. Mind over matter right?
Let's just say dinner didn't agree with me either and I was reminded of what I'd had for dinner several hours later. Stupid chicken potstickers in all your glorious yumminess.
So I'm exhausted. My head and eyes hurt from puking so hard this weekend. And for the second night in a row I was up at 3:30. Wide Awake people. And then today I look in the mirror to discover not just one ruptured blood vessel in my eye, but several from puking so hard. I didn't even know that was possible until Barbie did it with morning sickness last year. I'll spare you all the gory pictures. Because I've tried. And there's no way to show you my gross eyes without being, well, gross.
So instead I'll show you cute baby sweetness.
Because he is just that sweet.
Because he is just that sweet.
13 comments:
Lorie, I am soooo sorry you aren't feeling well!!! I hope you feel better. How are you today? Ok, that picture of Henry is amazing. The Lighting, the red color, his expression, just a great capture. I love it! I really hope you feel better. I love you!
so sorry your flu lasted so long. but you did make me laugh from your comment of the potstickers and their glorious yumminess:)
glad i'm not the only one who thinks it's hot. i was so hot yesterday but john did not think it was so i thought i had a fever...til i looked at the thermostat and it read 80 in my house. so i ran the air. i'm amazed that you were able to resist the temptation.
see? see? and everyone called me a wuss for thinking it too hot there.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. We have a pretty nasty cold circulating up here so both Erich and I are out with raw throats, runny noses and pounding headaches. we feel you, Lorie.
OMG!! That sounds horrible. I can't believe you can puke hard enough for blood vessels to pop. Does that mean you won't be doing the Exposaroonie "Self Portrait" challenge this week?
On a good note... Your little man in that picture is a-dor-a-ble. So cute.
Hope you're felling better soon. Drink some 7up and crackers. Not sure if that helps, but that's always what my mom gave us as kids.
OMG!! That sounds horrible. I can't believe you can puke hard enough for blood vessels to pop. Does that mean you won't be doing the Exposaroonie "Self Portrait" challenge this week?
On a good note... Your little man in that picture is a-dor-a-ble. So cute.
Hope you're felling better soon. Drink some 7up and crackers. Not sure if that helps, but that's always what my mom gave us as kids.
poor honey. I'm sorry you are so sick and miserable!! That sounds just awful. Here's hoping and praying you will be able to rest up, feel better, and recover from your nasty weekend soon!!
This bug is really going around! I've known so many people who've gotten sick this last week. I'm praying it doesn't get us, but at the same time I'm half-expecting it.
At least you have an utterly adorable son to comfort you with his baby grins, and a sweet husband to care for you too. Aww.
1) That picture is T O O cute!
B) I had NO idea that the flu was STILL circulating!
and 3) I hope you feel better soon!
PS I totally gave into the a/c because sadly we do not have ceiling fans in every room yet! Kudos for sticking it out
man...I'm finally getting a chance to check in on all the blogs I've missed and it seems like everyone is sick with cold or flu...but I must say you take the cake with bursting blood vessels! yuck. Hope your boys are spared. I was going to call you back tonight but maybe I'll wait until later in the week:) hope you feel better soon!
So, are you saying that I shouldn't be complaining that it's too COLD here?? Low 30's in the morning and 50's and 60's during the day...and it's almost May! Of course, come August, I'll be ready for it to be cool again.
SOrry you've been sick...I hope it's past now. But, what a cute little boy - great photo!
Are you SURE you're not prego? JK :)
YUCK the stomach flu is NO fun! Hopefully Henry doesn't get it. I know it sucks for us to have it as adults, but I think it's much worse to have a baby with it.
Hope you're feeling better soon. Oh and I think this is one of my very FAVORITE pictures of Henry. They're all precious, but this one is just perfect!
oh my gosh! Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!!!
HEY, I have a queston, do you have any of that fabric left fromt eh star wars blanket? Can I buy it from you?
he looks SO MUCH LIKE TESS in this picture. Very cute!
Post a Comment