Tuesday, May 27, 2008

eeeek!

I love surprise. I love surprises.

Okay, actually I hate surprises. I like surprises when I find out about them about two minutes prior to the surprise occurring. I don't do patience when it comes to surprises. You know that beautiful, amazing, glorious, make-me-cry-like-a-baby book my husband made me? What I failed to mention was that he taunted me for at least 10 days with "I've found the perfect mothers day present, I just have to figure out how to execute it" or "Your present shipped today" or my favorite " if something gets delivered today you are not allowed to read who it's from". Ugh. I was tortured. Tortured I tell you.

Then my brother. My sweet, amazing, loving, evil brother is up to no good. On Sunday he comes over to hang out. "Oh and sis, by the way, on Tuesday, be ready to go by 4."

"What ready for what at 4?"

"Just be ready by 4."

"But Scott doesn't get home until like 4:30, what am I going to do with Henry? Are we bringing him?"

"Don't worry about it, just be ready. I have everything taken care of."

Long pause while I stew and plot in my head as to what the heck he is up to.

"Okay, ready ready, like hair done, make-up everything? And how cute do I need to be? Like on a scale of 1-10? Should I wear a skirt? Will I feel stupid in a dress?....."

I'm insufferable. I can't even enjoy it. Enjoy the fact that I am overwhelmingly blessed by people who love me. And regardless of what this super-duper-driving-me-mad surprise is, I'm overwhelmed by the love I've felt lately. My husband has been so supportive in some new ventures of mine. Encouraging of giant leaps of faith, that while are mostly my doing, will very much involve him and our family. He's an amazing man who loves me, in spite of all that I am that drives him mad. He supports me and understands me. And I'm married to him. How lucky is that? And then there's my brother. Someone who encourages me to dream and allows all my creativity to boil out like lava. Someone who shares so many of my passions. I have a brother guys. Isn't that awesome? For so long I thought our relationship was doomed. That I would, in so many ways, go about my life as an only child. But God can use everything in life for His good purposes. He loves us, even when we're unlovable. Like Jeff talked about in church on Sunday, God even loves the sinners. He made a very broken thing become an amazing testament of how He truly gives us the desires of our hearts, but in His timing. It's amazing.

So seriously....8.5 hours.....and I'm dying here....more to come!

13 comments:

David Anderson said...

Mmmwwwhhahahahahahahaaaa!!

So I don't know what I had an evil laugh...Guess it should of been more along the lines of ...

Teheheheheheheeee...

8 hours to sheer awesomeness...

;)

Emily Main said...

man .. now I'm all anxious and will be counting down until you post and tell us all about it! :D

Emily Faulknor said...

You are going to LOVE it Lorie and I can't wait to hear it directly from your mouth how much you loved it! :) All I can say is that you have a pretty amazing brother! :)

IndianaJones said...

man, I'm reading this at 4:25 and you are just now 25 minutes into whatever awesomeness awaited...I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what exactly this surprise is all about!
What dear men you have...

Emily Main said...

totally waiting ... tick tock tick tock ... 4:51 .. are you done with your surprise yet? :D

mrs schienbein said...

I just dropped a super fun surprise in the mail for you today.

But when will you get it?

Hmm...

(oh, also on the edge of my seat to find out what David's surprise is!)

See Sherm Blog said...

ohhhh I'm so excited to find out what it is!!! And its 5pm... so you're already a hour into it! Post as soon as you can.

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

How funny... my present went out to you today too. I wonder when you'll get that... HURRY HOME AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!!!

Emily Main said...

6:51 ... what was it already!? :D

Ashley said...

hope you blog about this tonight! I cant wait!!!!!!!!

Cheeziemommie said...

I can't believe I'm having to go to bed not knowing what the surprise was! :( :)

Talia said...

I must join the clamor and demand to know what it was!!! There had better be a post first thing tomorrow, or you may start some of riot here in blogland.

:)

David Anderson said...

All I can say at 1am...Holy Freaking crap was it the bestest night ever!!

Big things are down the pike...big things...

I'm sure she'll be posting first thing this morning, but as for now, bed time...