Well, these two totally rad chicks came up with this idea to build a website based around photography. Not just for the pros, but for the enthusiasts. For those wanting to learn. It has great tutorials, interviews, reviews and the fabulous contest formally known as photopie. I've had, shall we say, photog block. I've been so busy with photo sessions lately that when it came time to photog for myself, to get creative, I've had the blahs. And while I had great aspirations for this past week's bad habits challenge, I simply ran out of time to execute what I had in mind. And so while this might not be the most exciting of the bunch, it is definitely one of my bad habits.
What the heck? Yes I know. A pathetically small bad habit on a whole list of naughty things of which my husband can attest too. But I buy WAY too much fabric. It's a compulsion. I can't go to the coast without begging and pleading Scott to let me look at the Cotton ball. And I know every employee at Strawberry Patches by name. And they all know me. And my sisters. And my whole church. And while I seem to try and reorganize and purge all the old, and only keep my favorite and the usable stuff around, I literally am overflowing with fabric. It's glorious. I couldn't even fit all of it on my table, just most of it.So scoff if you want, but it is a naughty, eh-hem, expensive habit to have.
This week's challenge doubles as a lesson. Shooting in thirds. Check it out! Be challenged, learn something and have fun!
6 comments:
i guess that is one of my bad habits too. i never really thought about it that way. my cupboard over-floweth with fabric too. and embroidery thread. you never know when you just might need puke green thread, right?
here's the funny part, I am somewhat the same way, and I BARELY KNOW HOW TO SEW (in my defense, I do WANT to sew). Go figure on that one. At least you make amazing things with yours! :)
I could easily take this same picture - only with scrapbooking supplies! It's a sickness! :)
you need to sell that stuff on e-bay, I made good money! I thought my collection was bad, but thats a LOT OF FABRIC! I lvoe the cotton balL!
Lorie,
this photo is awesome! You nailed the challenge, PERFECT!!!! Love love love it. Great choice on the fisheye.. it just make it look all the more overwhelming.
Post a Comment