
What is it about weddings that warm us to our very core? I stood there last night, watching a slide show of a little boy and a little girl I didn't know. And I listened to toasts and well wishes for people I had just met. Yet by the end of night I left wrapped in love. I wanted to cry for them, knowing it's such an amazing journey they're embarking on. I wanted to hug them and tell them to hold on to these good moments, it won't always be this perfect. That it will be hard, wonderful, flawed yet sublime. That they have to persevere. They are a beautiful couple, and from the things I heard and saw, they're wonderful people. And while they might not ever be in my life again, I feel honored to have been there, celebrating and commemorating the beginning of their lives together. It was a beautiful thing to bear witness too. And today I'm still left shaken, spurred on, reminded of that love. The one, so new and fresh. I'm reminded of the commitment I made over five years ago. And while that fresh, new love has grown and changed, transforming itself into something more comfortable and secure, it is still there. Still growing. And I am overwhelmed by it today.
3 comments:
You have such a beautiful way with words, Lorie. Isn't love wonderful?
how sweet :)
how very beautiful-- both the picture and your words. It mnust be amazing to get to go to weddings with your work-- such a great thing to witness all the time, especially if the couple is someone you can tell is truly committed to what they are beginning.
I don't think I am going to CALM-- this week is crazy busy and I have something going on everyday this week! So I have to forego the fun. :( But, I expect to see pictures from you of the fun time you all had! :)
Post a Comment