This week has been Uh-mazing. It started out with the anticipation of a super secret surprise and road trip with my brother that resulted in the meeting of the coolest people ever.
Then the mail started coming. Seriously is there anything more glorious then actual mail? With stamps and envelopes? It makes me squeal like a little girl to find little surprises in the mail. Because the penny saver just gets old after awhile.
First, I received my first Black Apple purchase ever! I'm continually inspired by this incredibly artistic woman, and was so excited to buy this little piece of art for Henry's room. I just love all the little houses. It reminds me of this row of houses in the Prague castle that are all different colors. I'm feeling motivated to finally finish his room, so look forward to a "reveal" soon. Only 9 months late...

Then on Wednesday I got these DARLING stickies aka post-it's from the uber-sweet Camster. She's the SIL of another one of my favorite bloggers. Cam was doing a drawing and what do you know?! I won! WahOO! I never win anything! And I heart stickies!
(I said heart on purpose cause Scott hates it when people use heart instead of love. He's thinks it's stupid. Well naner naner, babe. hehe. I heart you!)
Then I got my new diffuser in because I am so over the cumbersome, obtrusive, ill-fitting Fong Bomb. I'll let you know how this one works out at my wedding this weekend.
I splurged on this seat on Ebay. And when I say splurged I mean, spent more than I wanted to. But you can no longer buy these in stores and my wiggly, climb-y little man has out grown his baby bath and is need of something a little more, dare I say, big boy. I just shuttered. I'm still in denial that he's almost 9 months old.
Oh but today. Oh good golly. The package to make any girl want to jump up and down and clap her hands and shriek with glee. Not one, but two amazingly beautiful, perfectly fitting pairs of jeans. Oh my goodness I think my butt has died and gone to comfortable-pants heaven. Stacia, you are too generous. I can't thank you enough for giving my week the most amazing finale imaginable. I already told Scott that I've officially stolen his best friend, and that he's not getting you back. I'm so glad that we're friends and am so thankful for you! What a giving heart you have!
So to all of you, this week has been amazing. Uh-mazing I tell you. God is good. Isn't he? Here I am complaining about jeans and two pairs fall from the sky. He takes care of us, even when we don't deserve it. He puts people in our lives, from all walks of life, to challenge, encourage and uplift us. And even occasionally, brighten up our mail boxes.So I present a challenge. Write a letter this week. Like an actual letter. Something that doesn't require you to sit in front of the computer. Whether it be your grandmother or a dear friend, or just some one you love. Write them a letter, or a card even. Make it fun. Create a card or use fun stationary. Brighten someone elses mail box this week. And maybe, just maybe, yours will be brightened as well.
13 comments:
It was very much my pleasure to hand the jeans along, dear Lorie. My big 'ol butt could not squeeze into those jeans if my life depended on it so I'm so very glad to know that they will lovingly support yours (ew?).
Love, Love, LOVE!
~stacia
does this mean yer gonna send some mail too? fair is fair...
Stacia, that was the funniest comment. i had to laugh!
can't wait to see how your jeans fit!
Have fun at the wedding.
YAY for good mail! And good jeans! We used to have that lil bath seat when my kiddos were wee babes. Brought back sweet memories :)
Wagon Train!! I loved getting mail too but my fondest memory is a certain someone spilling too much perfume on a certain kind of letter.... tee hee hee.
Wow! Talk about the week of surprises! How exciting and generous.
I've been wanting to send some good mail, thanks for the inspiration.
ok, Carrie, you've known me too long!
aahhh! Too funny!
Hey Lori, Davi's sister here!
We had one of those blue bath seats when my oldest was a baby, and I used it for our second as well. Then, in a very sad moment, I threw it away!!! I was never able to figure out to wash up their behinds in it, and I decided by the time I had my third, they would come up with something better. But when she was born, nothing better had been invented. So I went back to Walmart, and then every other baby store, only to find they were unavailable. Apparently they tip easily, and so they recalled them all. But geez, trying to wash an already-sitting-up baby in an infant lay-down tub is difficult enough, let alone trying to bathe them without it at all in the big tub! Then we tried to find an inflatable tub to go inside the big tub, but the small, easy-to-blow-up white one has disapeared from the market as well, only to be replace by a yellow duck tub with a huge head. It requires more air than everyone in my family can provide, and yes, you must fill the head before the tub will inflate. I'd like to know who designed this thing! With all of the amazing minds in our country, I can't figure out why someone couldn't have invented a safe way to bathe a baby!
All that to say, I'm sure you will make good use of your purchase! I have never regretted throwing anything away more than that blue ring!
Oh, and congrats on the jeans! Very exciting!
Oh Lorie, very fun post, very fun things to receive in the mail. I just can't WAIT to receive my package from you in the mail!!! Any updates from you on when I might be expecting that package? Ahhh!!!! :)
I LOVE getting stuff in the mail! Especially fancy jeans and cute little crafty things like the cards and post-its. OH... and I love my Supreme Diffuser... but then again, its all I've used. So you may find you like the Fong Bomb better. Actually I'd be curious to know.
Oh I just love good mail! We have constant deliveries but they're always dumb work packages for Larry. I hate dumb work packages for Larry.
Good challenge. I accept!
And Jessica, you are so right about the bath seats. I treasure my little blue seat like gold even though it has seen better days!
Hey Lorie,
can you tell me what you thought about the diffuser??
I'm want to get one and wonder what you thought.
thanks!
Ashley
me at ashleyforrette dot com
Okay, so I wouldn't let myself comment on this post until I actually sent a letter/card. I knew who I wanted to send it to...it just took me, um, 3 weeks to do it. Now I have. Thanks for the inspiration. Other thoughts...
I am so jealous of the jeans. I totally could use a new pair, but sadly, I'm not sure nice ones are in the budget. If only I could fit into my pre-pregnancy "skinny" jeans. I can get into the "fat" ones...
I like the Black Apple stuff, although you got one of the best for a boy. The hedgehog ones are cute too.
The bath seat looks like a good thing to have. I'm not thrilled with our bath tub but since we almost always bathe him together it works for now.
Post a Comment