
Mother's guilt. It's even worse when it's an actual human baby, but then again, when something is wrong he cries. Roxie girl just keeps on going until it's beyond obvious that she's not okay. Like the scary
bum hole incident of '07. She'd been showing signs that something could have been wrong, but I have a baby. And unfortunately, at the end of the day I don't always put two and two together. She's a dog. She licks her self there. But then the licking became incessant and I thought to myself I need to go have her looked at. Then I got sick this week. On Tuesday, my worst sickie day, she was just my shadow. Moping around, following me from room to room all day long. It was ANNOYING. Wednesday morning I knew something was wrong. She was laying in places she never usually lays and just acting mope-y. Then when I called her in the house she came in and proceeded to pee right in front of me. And we're not talking normal colored urine here. Poor thing has a major
UTI. And the guilt sets in. Like it wouldn't have gotten this bad if I'd pay more attention, how long as she been in pain etc etc.
Aaak, The
guilt. So her and I went to the vet (special thanks to auntie
cece who kept a screaming Henry for an hour. seriously, you're a saint) and she proceeded to pee all over the floor. Which worked out well since they needed a sample anyways. So after a shot of anti-
biotics, some more to take at home, along with some good snuggle time with daddy and overall a lot of extra TLC she's more herself. We still have to watch her, and make sure she doesn't have drippy accidents in the house, but she already has more energy today then yesterday.

Was this too much of an over share???
8 comments:
Aw, I'm so sorry! Don't feel bad, though. Animals are such troopers, they never let on, and they always forgive the mistakes we're bound to make.
Hope she feels better, and the week doesn't have any more sickness in it!
UTI = Urinary Tract Infection
Poor Roxie, get better soon! Good thing you caught it, that's all that matters.
poor baby! i feel badly that my pups have been a little neglected lately...i'm trying to give them a little more attention these days.
hope she feels better soon!
haha no i totally used to watch it! tgif! boy meets world and sabrina!
Hey Lorie, stranger here. I found your blog while surfing, hopping to friends of a friend blog when I should have been working. Intrigued me bc we have the same name & you are such an awesome photographer;-) I enjoy seeing pictures of your little man! Mine's 2, so the baby chub is so cute (and long gone here). So, hi from a stranger on the other coast! Thanks for entertaining me a bit when I should be working or sleeping, LOL!
Such cute pictures. I'm glad Roxie is on the mend.
Oh well I'm glad she is doing better! I'm sure she appreciated the extra snuggle time :)
Post a Comment