They seem to nap at opposite times which meant that one was up when the other one was down and I got very little done. It's hard to edit when you have Sam trying to eat my camera batteries or Henry was trying (and succeeding I might add) at unzipping my camera bag and unloading all my lenses. That kid already has glass envy.
Ha, I'm so funny. did you catch the sarcasm there?
The only harry part of the day was lunch time. They both wanted to eat and now! And Henry wanted to eat what Sam was eating, and Sam was content (no shocker) to eat whatever I gave him. So they shared cheese and apricots and grapes. Then it was green (broccoli? zucchini? I couldn't tell.) stuff for Sam and cauliflower for Henry. I didn't have a second high chair and forgot to have Christie bring her portable one so we just had to make due. And since Henry eats a bit more finger foods then Sam I gave him the chair with the tray. I swear I wasn't playing favorites. Honest!
But when the day lulled and I was by myself in the car this evening my mind drifted to our loss. While it's not directly my loss, I feel so completely sad. Maybe it was the mournful song on the radio, but I got teary thinking of Baby Bee and the astounding faith of his/her mom (and dad and sister too). I was so looking forward to meeting this new one and gaining yet another chum for Henry. But God had other plans. And as hard as that is sometimes, we know that everything is in His control. I was reminded of a song that seems to always find me in my highs and lows in the last few years, Blessed be Your Name. We are to bless His name, during the good times and bad. Through the pain and suffering and joy and celebration. And so I cling to that tonight, knowing Baby Bee is in a better place.
3 comments:
That song is extra special to me, too. It helps to remind us to trust God and that He has an ultimate plan that WILL be good for us.
OH Lorie. I love you. Thank you for being such a great friend.
I'm trying to stay busy so that I don't get too sad. But songs, yeah, they get me too. That same song kept playing in my head throughout the week. God is good and despite my confusion over why this had to happen, I know that there is a reason and that God is in control.
I still get the sniffles over Baby Bee too..
Boo over Mr. Larson, but I'm sure you will get another chance soon! And you can teach him the ways of your solar flares:)
Post a Comment