Wednesday, July 09, 2008

true confession

So my sister reached the big 200 mark on her blog awhile back, but because I was off blogs for a week or so, I totally missed her exciting challenge (or confession) of our favorite celebrity crush. Let me just say for the record, that all the good ones are taken by a lot of my favorite bloggers (and real-life friends!). Gosh ya'll-we have Good taste! And since this isn't reality, and in non-reality situations, we're allowed to love the same people, I have come up with my favorite few. And while none of them are "new" they're fabulous.

My first and foremost is a shared obsession with the afore mentioned sister. I've mentioned it here before. We squeal like school girls when we watch the Office together (or call each other at commercial breaks). And I even went so far as to ask several Gap employees if I could have the posters when the ad campaign was done, you know for over the bed the garage. Stupid Gap employees and their stupid policies.

and this is old, but it still makes me squeal.




Picture added after my personal geek squad bro sent me this...

Mr. Darcy, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
"You've bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you, and never wish to be parted from this day on."



Come on, you know you're all swooning.

I'm also a sucker for Seth Cohen. The geeky awkward thing works for me. And who wouldn't want someone to name their boat after you? Or continually embarrass themselves for the sake of love?



I miss the OC. Well not Marissa, but the OC and all it's glorious Seth-Ryan banter.

And who hasn't sung along with Mr. Bale?



Or cringed when Jo told him no, because we just hate the idea that he goes on to marry Amy?



And dear dear Gilbert Blythe. Carrots. Sourr-ey. Ugh, I could just melt.



So after spending two hours on YouTube watching far too many crappy videos there you have it. My top favorite swoon-worthy-hold-your-breath movie/television/entertainment crushes. And while Ryan Gosling is up there as well, I just had to narrow it down for the sake of the this already being a long post.

Scott I love you SO much. And while these are my media crushes you're the real deal.

Besides I know Carrie Underwood makes your heart skip a beat.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Is it John Krasinski or Jim we love? Maybe it's both. But he's my honorable mention. I'm addicted to The Office and "Jam." Best couple on tv. ever.

and Darcy. and Laurie. What amazing literary characters. Weak in the knees.

Talia said...

thanks for my swoon-fest for the day :)

bandofbrothers said...

i could just cry as i watched your clip of anne and gilbert. ahhhhhh.

Kiley said...

Perfect - simply perfect!!!!!

the LaGore family said...

It's amazing how everytime I watch the Anne and Gilbert scene I'm just as excited as when I first saw it! I love knowing other people have as much Gilbert Blythe love as me.

Emily Faulknor said...

I can't believe you put Newsies in there!!! I LOVE Newsies! I love Mr. Bale!!! :) Thanks for spending all that time on Youtube to give me a highlight this morning. :)

Kate said...

I'm a little shocked at all the Gilbert love here - in my neck of the woods I'm the only one with an obsession over the Anne stories and characters. I actually walked down the aisle to the gorgeous theme music. How's that for geeky? Your list rocks!!

Brent and Julie said...

I love that you mentiond Gilbert Blythe. And of course I heart Jim too!

MacD Kids said...

What a fun post :) I will absolutely agree with you on Jim; but I will say for sure, it is JIM and not John... but the GAP poster...oh my, how many times have I rubbernecked at GAP windows because of that poster of him...and then a certain other that graced the windows a while back... Prison Break anyone? I purposely do not let myself learn the real names behind the characters so as to keep the barrier between silly appreciation for beauty and acting, and creepy jr high, "I cry and think i love you" obsession. But Micheal Scoffield is the first 'TV hottie' since Ive been married that I realized I actually found myself giddy and giggly to watch and pretend I was the one he was rescuing!!! Ha! True confessions! :)

Lindsey Woodland said...

okay seriously, when I started looking at this list I was definitely judging you; but when I got to Anne and Gil I realized that I love everything you posted and I'm a big dork too!!! ahhh now I need to go watch Anne of Green Gables again!