That was last night in a nutshell.

Last night was the big art show. And it was awesome. The girls did not disappoint. Their work was stunning and exciting and I loved it all.
It was also one of those "worlds colliding" kind of experiences.

When I walked in, the first person I made eye contact with was Sarah. We went to the same church all through high school and were in an accountability group as well. Back then she had a nick name that I believe she now loathes. I don't blame her. But I'll be nice and not put it out there. You're welcome Sarah.=)
Then it was Ashley who was chatting up Danielle. Danielle and I go way back to high school. We were drama nerds together. She knows waaaay more stories about me than any one person should. But don't ask her, cause she's just like me and can't keep a secret. But I have embarrassing pictures of her. So don't try me Danielle, cause I can bring it. =)

And Ashley. Who found me through who knows how. We both loved the same photographer and consequently discovered Emery. I think she found me somehow through her. Either way. Love her. I wish we were friends in real life. I mean, we are. But you know, the kind of friends that had coffee together on a regular basis. Or brunch. Cause we love to brunch. I would love to pick her brain. And make her teach me how to park.

Then I met up with the brother and the girlfriend. I love them.

Shortly there after I got to hug the other woman of the night and rub her belly, Mrs. Sherman. I also went to church with her since we were kids. I remember always being super intimidated by her cause she hung with cool people and I didn't. Plus she hung out with this guy that I had had a crush on since I was like 10 (who now happens to be my brother-in-law. I know. creepy.). But her cousin ended up marrying that guy and now we're sisters-in-law, so I think that makes Colleen and I cousins-in-law.

Then Talia arrived. I first met her gosh, five years ago? Has it been that long? Sheesh. She was the cute little wife of a guy I worked with. She had a newborn and I desperately wanted one. We'd have picnics in the park, just her and I and her little Emma. Then little Annabelle came along and I switched jobs. We kept in touch a little and then she discovered my blog and started one of her own and we've become reacquainted and I love it!

My favorite of Ashley's...

My favorite of Colleen's...

Later on Sarah Marie P (and hubby) and Jimaie trickled in from Fres-YES. I lurk on their blogs from time to time and it was fun to shake hands and put physical faces to internet connections (ha, get it connections. so funny. ehem.).

Later my sister-in-law and brother-in-law showed up.
We talked. We chatted. We took photos.
Just bizarre. Meeting "internet people" in real life. And then having them mingle amongst your real life people. It's just bizarre.

Amazingly, awesomely bizarre.

Congrats girls! I'm so extremely happy for you!
7 comments:
WOW. sounds like a fun day! I read a lot of their blogs too!
EEks! Please send me a cd of these pics!
Thanks so much for coming out and showing your support. It was good to meet up the next morning from brunch too. :-)
yaya!!! It was wonderful to see you. thanks so much for coming!!!
xxoo
Hee - I love that we're both lurkers on one another's blogs!
It was really nice to meet you on Friday! And I think I'll be stopping by and selling "hello!" more often! :)
Hee- I love that song How Bizarre!
Oh, and I don't know why I'm not looking at the camera like everyone else. ha. Silly.
So, I guess if I wasn't so depressingly behind in blog world, I could have known about this. Although, then I would have just been super bummed because I couldn't have gone. Sad day for me. Looks so cool!
As much as I just LOVE IT, thank you for leaving my nickname out :-)
So good to see you the other night; you look grrrreat!
such a fun fun night!! I loved seeing everyone and meeting so many new people.
it really has been five years!! Gosh, we are OLD friends now. :) Love it.
I'm trying to figure out why I look so stupid in that picture, and why you always look like a supermodel of some sort... :)
Post a Comment