So tonight was Scott's annual awards banquet dinner. It was low-key and casual which was awesome. I wasn't in the mood to get all dressed up to go freeze and fake conversations with people I hardly know. There are a few people he works with that we know outside of work and they are our saving grace every year.
The food was good, and even better-it was FREE.
Even though it was casual I still tried to look cute. I failed yet again at styling my new do. I'm really ready to just put it in a pony tail every day and not think about how pretty hair would be if IT WOULD JUST COOPERATE WITH ME. So yeah, hair sort of did, make-up did, clothes did, and I'm feeling pretty good about my overall appearance, you know, other than the hugamous pimple that somehow came home with me from the mall yesterday. I do not remember seeing that on my Sephora receipt.
Halfway through the evening I leaned over to whisper something to Scott and I mentioned to him that this pimple (that I thought I had hidden pretty well with make-up) was starting to hurt. He quickly replied:
"I know, stop looking at me, it's all I can stare at."
Aw. Honest love. And here I was thinking that my attire and overall "put togetherness" would some how deflect attention from mount saint Helen.
Today I spent several hours with Davi. I apologized profusely for the massive growth that was rapidly over taking the greater portion of my cheek, to which she replied:
"I would never have seen it had you not pointed it out. I don't see pimples, I see you."
Aw. Honest love.
But wait....who to believe?
I need to get me some windex.
8 comments:
HAHAH. Hilarious post. I once had a a guy in my youth group point out my zit and he called it a towering mountain. I hate that guy. Well, hate is a strong word, but I was in high school at the time and was extremely sensitive about my skin.
Um, seriously it was not BAD AT ALL AT MY HOUSE. It might be contagious though, cuz all of a sudden I have a huge one on my cheek. Heehee. Love ya! You are beautiful no matter what!
First off, my mom says the first sign for her that she was preggers was a huge zit. Hmmm. =)
And second, that ALWAYS happens to me, too. Either before some big night out or before family pictures. Grr!!
Love the windex idea! =) And obviously Scott loves you VERY much to be so honest to you. Ahh.
Okay, it is rare that I actually laugh out loud, but I did when I read this post. Well, somewhat out loud seeing as it's 6:30 am and I have no desire to wake my sleeping boys.
I seriously CANNOT believe Scott said that to you...so so funny. Poor Lorie...that sort of thing happens to me too. I had a big one on my wedding day and even though it was really well covered, when I see the picture I can still tell where it was.
Husbands are always so brutally honest aren't they? Hilarious!
oh man Lorie, I sympathize! I do have to agree with Sally...my face broke out...not just one big one but a ton all over and two weeks later... positive prego test. And what Scott said...so something Colin would say..ugh...honest love is sometimes a little too honest I think. Glad Davi was there to even it out a bit as I'm sure it was not nearly as volcanoesqe as you felt!
HAHAHA! Scott's reply totally sounds like something my husband would say! Gotta love 'em!
I've had monumental zits lately too! They're so big they hurt. I think it's the changing seasons, because I know I'm not preggers!
You are to funny! I hope your zit is history soon!
ohmygosh, I love you so much... because seriously, you just wrote a blog about your pimple. Oh Lorie, it could not get any better than that. :)
Seriously though, I'm feelin' your pain. I've been SO broken out ever since getting pregnant and I feel like ONE BIG PIMPLE sometimes. And I do tend to get self-concious about it... but you know what's funny? I NEVER notice other people's zits, just like Davi said. So maybe I shouldn't worry about mine so much... except if I'm ever around Scott, apparently. HEHEHEHE!
Post a Comment