I never actually saw that movie. But I couldn't resist stealing the title.

So the fam headed to the mountains for Thanksgiving. I had my reservations. Last time this crew headed to the mountains for thanksgiving we were all in one house, Scott and I weren't even married yet, and it was definitely eye opening to how much chaos can ensue with that many people in confined spaces. Here we are, 6 years later, 8 kids later, and with three cabins to share.
It was bliss.
It rained, the wind blew, we were cold, we were hot, we ate WAY too much food, we BROUGHT way too much food. There were pictures taken, games played, sewing and knitting done, bingo games aplenty. It was awesome. The only thing was the obvious void of one family. And while it was for the best, it was definitely odd to be short a family. I know some people can't possibly believe that we would feel the difference, but that's just it. With our family, even being short one person, let alone a whole family, definitely makes it feel so empty. They were missed terribly. But we were THANKFUL. Thankful for needed rest for them and for us. Thankful for over all health. Thankful for jobs, being in such an unstable economy, we are all gratefully, gainfully employed. We are thankful for our family, the new members and the old. We are thankful for our Lord Jesus Christ, the center of our lives. The glue that holds us all together and who brings us peace and joy in a world that is in desperate need of both.
I could go on and on. But I am thankful. Oh so very thankful this year.
And here are the pictures.
If we're facebook friends then you've already seen this picture. It makes me melt. I love my boy.


walking with Mama2

We had every oven going full blast to cook all the food. Something about Papa coming to my cabin with a ham had me cracking up. It smelled like hot ham water in our cabin Cece=)

I've been meaning to write an entire blog about my EllaKate, and I still intend to. This girl, my first ever niece, just continually steals my heart. She LOVES to take pictures. And she saved up her allowance for her very own camera. How cool is that?

One of her favorite things is when I let her take pictures with my big camera. The following two pictures are taken by her.


This one was taken by Reese.

And this one by Tess. I think she was going for a "rule of thirds" look in this one. =)

Seriously, my kid is not crying. I could cry with happiness that he WASN'T the one crying for once. seriously.

I DIE.



We drove into Lake Arrowhead on Friday to explore. But um, no one remembered it was BLACK FRIDAY until it took us a half an hour to park. And then there were the crowds. Oh the crowds. We ended up spending most of time feeding the ducks and playing at the park.

Ella so patiently waiting...hoping....

and it payed off!




My kid no longer walks. He runs. EVERYWHERE. Which makes my job of photographing him, increasingly difficult.
So while this one is blurry, I still love it.



Our amazing view from our cabin at night, you know, when we weren't in the clouds.
11 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. Beautiful pictures, as usual! That beanie of Henry's....ADORABLE....as is he, of course.
You know I love that last shot!! Awesome sis!!
Oh and the boy is cute too...
So should Ella start shooting with us now that she has her own camera?
I love the hot ham water referrence
akkk. i want my own little baby right now so i can have photos like this. soo beautiful lorie.. how is henry such a adorable little man. HOW?!?!?!?! i love him.
Love, love, love that shot of papa and mama2 with Henry - so cute! Beautiful pics - glad you had a nice holiday!
I love his oversized puffy vest in the 1st few pics. And his "man pj's" are oh-so-adorable! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time!!
And I totally understand what it's like to have a niece following in your footsteps. My niece ran for and got school treasurer this year. I was so proud, me being an accountant and all! =)
I love the pictures Lorie! Oh, and your kid isn't the only one who always cries for pictures! Mine pouts and cries and gives stink eye every time! ...Capturing the moment right??? HA!
you always get the BEST pictures! i love seeing all of them! looks like you had the perfect time! that hat & vest on henry?!! OMGGGG. :)
i love all the photos, but i am especially amused by the ham one:)
oh, I too am melting over these pictures. must. have. soon. I'm quite proud that a snapshot or two of mine made it to your blog!
so this is just an absolutely lovely and wonderful post in every single way and I love it!!!
I miss you friend... we need to get together soon.
Post a Comment