(I've been meaning to write about this for a couple weeks now but keep forgetting.)
I pull up to my local grocery store and park. I start to unload Henry into the shopping cart when I hear
"Oh my gosh I know you...through blogs."
I'm startled and turn around and have NO CLUE who this woman is. She seemed friendly enough but before I even had time to even begin to wonder how the heck she knew me or if she was some scary stalker freak, she went on:
"I'm one of Talia's friends, I'm Sunny."
Her name rang a bell. Okay, not a stalker freak, a friend of a friend. I can handle that.
"I saw your boy and recognized him and then saw you and put it all together"
"well wow I had no idea I had a mini celebrity on my my hands! It's nice to meet you!"
Okay, mini celebrity? Am I just the BIGGEST DORK EVER?????
When I first read Emily's blog-stalker incident and read how she later regretted everything she did or didn't say, I thought- Oh my gosh! ME TOO. Why is it that I just have NO grace when it comes to on the spot responses? I always say the dumbest things.
So HI SUNNY! I'm sorry I was such a dork. I was not freaked out in the least, if anything I had a smile on my face the whole day.
9 comments:
Ok that would really freak me out too! Especially since you don't know 'em.
you couldn't have had a sweeter "stalker". Sunny is so great... I'm glad you got to meet her, and she you!! :)
I HAVE ALWAYS EXPECTED TO RUN INTO SOMEONE HERE THAT I KNOW, BUT I NEVER DO..I WOULD TOTALLY SAY SOMETHING MEGA RETARDED IF I DID...LIKE IF I EVER SAW YOU IT WOULD SOUND LIKE OMGOMGOMGOIJDKAJGOIAMLKEAN;LKH
Oh my word, you are not a dork! I was feeling really stupid after approaching you, because that is NOT something I'd normally do. I was sure you must have thought I was crazy since you obviously did not recognize me! I know I started sputtering about people you knew so you'd know I wasn't completely insane, haha. I started to blog about it as soon as I got home that afternoon but then I deleted it because I was afraid I scared you, LOL! You were my own celebrity sighting.
I've been recognized too! Which I found kind of funny, being as I feel like no one reads my blog...
Hey, this is how I met CPA Sue...in JoAnn's. She knew me through knowing you...right? So fun! Like Bakersfield wasn't a small enough town already!
HAHAHA! This has happened to me twice now. Although I've been the stalker person creeping up on peeps in the stores! =) Like Sara mentioned above! HEHE!
And just to prove how small bakersfield is, Sunny is my sister in law also! She is an absolute doll =)
That's too funny :) I would feel like a total nerd if I saw someone but wasn't sure or something like that. Eeeeek!
Post a Comment