Monday, January 19, 2009

lap partner

So lately Henry has really taken to sitting in my lap while I'm at the computer. He's always pretended he wanted to, but has now just learned the patience for it. And sure, there is the occasional pushing around of the mouse, or the random punch at the keyboard, but for the most part, he's pretty good to just sit and click a ball point pen. Or pound the desk with my camera batteries. So last week it wasn't that odd that he wanted up while I was editing (or looking at ETSY, you decide). But a few minutes later I realized how still he had got. When I looked down and saw this.



I knew then that he wasn't well. This is not my child. He doesn't fall asleep randomly, especially on me. So that's when I took him to the doctor and discovered the ear infection.

And after this picture....



I knew something else was wrong.
Yup, eye infection.
He hadn't slept much the day I took him to the doctor a second time, so when he fell asleep in the car on the way home I just couldn't bring myself to wake him up. So I took pictures of us. And then dozed off myself... in my driveway.



So after a second round (and a different variety) of antibiotics, we're somewhat back to normal around here.

but being around sickies is really exhausting.

10 comments:

The Bertagnoles said...

I feel so bad for both of you!! THe picture of Henry in his crib is SOOOO sad!! Poor little guy. Hope he gets well soon!!

Emily said...

Aw poor boy! I first read that as LAB partner, I was wondering what kind of experiement you two were up to!! haha. Anyways, glad Henry is going to start feeling betterm which I'm sure will make you happy! Also I love his crib! Is it new, or actually an antique?

*CPA* Su said...

That 1st pic is seriously priceless!!! I'm so glad the sicky-bug is leaving your house already...boy you guys got more than your share of it, huh?!

The Norvells said...

you look hot in that car picture...very smoltering and "come hither" look to it. Poor sick kid....I feel bad for him.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are adorable. Poor little guy!

Eric and Emily said...

That is the most pitiful picture standing in his crib! Glad he got some antibiotics in him, he still looks cute even when he is sick though and has red eyes!

Barbie said...

Glad your guy is doing better...I'm sure that makes your days much better too! Poor Henry to have to deal with a double whamy :(

Brent and Julie said...

I'm happy he's feeling better. We are finally healthy here too! :)

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh how sad. I will be praying for all of you =(

Lydia said...

I sat in the driveway and let my kid sleep the other day. Not because he was sick or really needed it, but because I needed it! Glad to see a pic of the pooch!