Tuesday, March 17, 2009

it's about time I post something...

wouldn't you agree?

This will probably be the RANDOMEST post ever. Cause that's the kind of mood I'm in. And cause that's about all I can muster. Oh and the pictures are all going to be really crappy. Again with the mustering.



well it's official...I'm pregnant again. It's glaringly obvious to me now. Last week mom and I had lunch down town and I ate every last bite. I'm already trying to figure out an excuse to leave my kid with someone so I can sneak downtown and find a corner booth or a seat at the end of the bar so I can become that girl that mumbles to herself and has gravy smeared from ear to ear. hmmm....gravy smothering fried amazingness.



Last week I bought this.



I'm not even going to admit to you how quickly the entire box was consumed.

My saving grace every day is nap time. Every afternoon, seconds after I put Henry down, I crawl on the couch, situate my new heated blanket (best. birthday. present. ever. my husband SO knows me) and snuggle up with my dog and crash. Sometimes I sleep to Sense and Sensibility (LOVE that colonel Brandon) or sometimes I leave the patio door cracked so I can be lulled by the wind chimes.



and I have to leave my toes out for temperature control.



This past weekend Scott and I made a bet. Which we do often enough, but this time the stakes were high and he knew there was no backing out. It turns out it WAS Chloe (from 24) on Flight of the Conchords (seriously, don't mess with me when it comes to movie/tv/entertainment trivia) and so I got ice cream delivered by my darling hubby for two nights. Fabulous I tell you.



Our point and shoot camera is so awesome.



We kicked off the week with new summer shoes from Mama2. We screamed bloody murder at every pair I tried on him. Ironic how he'll walk around in any of my sandels or shoes but try putting anything but converse on this boy and he throws a fit. He is SO his fathers' son.
But we finally managed to get a pair on him, and they fit, so we walked out of the store, pointing at our new shoes. So cute.



This might be my new favorite indulgence.



I'm sorry but $1.50 to keep bubba occupied/happy and mommy get's to snack and shop (and get a soda!)
WORTH EVERY PENNY.

And don't judge me. This can be chalked up to one of the many "when I'm a mom I won't ever...." situations. See, I'm sort of anti character. They're cute to watch, or color, or pretend to be, but I just don't like them plastered all over his clothes or socks or bedding.

But seeing as our backyard is dirt. And we are VERY much a boy who likes to play outside. And we Very much like dirt. And mommy was sicking of washing our one pair of converse, some play shoes were definitely in order. And after tying laces of said converse a bajillion times, something slip on or velcro was definitely in order.





I hate that I think they're cute on him. But they are. And to see his little bow-legged legs run with cars on his feet make me just giggle.

Something else that makes me giggle?
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. Might be like one of my favorite songs ever. I don't care where I am, if I hear it, I sing it. And today in the car I blared it and sang every word and was sad when it ended. LOVE THAT SONG. Makes me feel 15. Or not.

And you all are shaking your heads right now in disbelief at my over all retardedness and lameness.
Don't worry, in approximately 4 more weeks my first trimester fog will lift and things will once again be right and good with the world.

Until then:

"Stay classy San Diego"

18 comments:

carol grams said...

LOL!!!!! I can't tell you the vision I have of Henry running with cars on his feet!!! And I love your random blog...love from your random mom...and let's do lunch again soon...the strawberry crepes were great!!!

.jimaie.marie. said...

mmmmm graaavvvvyyyy LOL!

I am SO anti character too but my 2 yr old has the same play shoes! He loves them! ha.

Sally said...

I'm in complete awe that little you could eat a whole chicken fried steak. Yep, you're pregnant! =)

We always make bets, too, and I always win, and then B plays dumb and I don't get to collect. So not fair!

Eliza said...

Ha ha! You are too funny. I'm kind of anti character too....and then another mom made me feel bad because she thinks we should choose clothes our kids like. Personally, I don't think Micah gets an opinion about clothing at 18 months old.

Cheeziemommie said...

Awww my mom bought my son those same "summer shoes" when he was around Henry's age! They are darling!

alyssa said...

I am sooo jealous of your heated blanket! I always have to have a blanket with me when I'm sitting/laying on the couch. And I have MY blanket, I am like a little kid. :)

Mmmm...food.

Lindsey Woodland said...

I heart you!

See Sherm Blog said...

ha. Your point and shoot takes awesome pictures like my point and shoot. gotta love 'em.

Hoping your next 4 weeks go flying by and you are able to regain some energy! I definitely don't miss my first trimester. Well, I miss being able to tie my own shoes, but other than that... I don't miss it too much.

molly june. said...

you are HI-LARIOUS i tell you. random & darn funny. such good stuff. the gravy?? yes, please. the popcorn in the cart?? i so do that every.single.time. :) and, hmmmmm?? i won't judge you for the car shoes...well maybe just a lil' bit. jk. this fog better lift soon! ha. :D

scottlandyard said...

our point and shoot sucks because someone refuses to learn how to properly shoot with it. when it's dark, you turn the flash on. someone refused.

sorry it doesn't have a fixed 50mm with a 1.4 aperture.

bandofbrothers said...

oh scott cracks me up.

i do recall a certain someone wanting biscuits and gravy for breakfast on a certain roadtrip? i was very puzzled by your love for gravy so early in the morning. but drooling over those junior mints. cruelty i tell you.

and Henry's car shoes are AWESOME! finn was a bit disappointed when i told him "no those are not real wheels, they don't roll". ha! i'm buying them Cars pj's for their easter basket and I'm so excited.

Mommy Diffee said...

I love the random post and hope this "fog" continues a little past the first trimester ... it is really entertaining =) Hang in there!

Sara said...

You make me smile.

In my house it's Peanut M&Ms or snickers or actually anything chocolate I can dig up from the Halloween candy hiding in the back of my pantry (yes, I said Halloween). But now that I think about it, Junior Mints would be just fine.

Anonymous said...

I love that song! Especially since my husband hates it! hahah

Lydia said...

Mmmm. I love the $1.50 popcorn and drink, too! Loved the post!

*CPA* Su said...

I hear I just missed seeing you and the boy yesterday!! Bummer! :(

And I'm highly jealous of your afternoon naps Missy! :P

Eric and Emily said...

Henry looks like such a big boy now! Maybe it is just knowing you have another little one on the way makes him seem older.

Emily Faulknor said...

Ok, love the post. Love your randomness. Love that you fall asleep to Sense and Sensibility. Love that your son has "Cars" shoes. Love your honesty. Love you dearly and can't wait to see you soon!