Friday my besties threw me a pajama lunch. Well, it was suppose to be a pajama lunch until some people broke the rules and looked all cute. Gotta love Davi who will brave the day in her grubbies with me. And though my nausea stomach would only allow me one serving of Davi's AMAZING southwest chicken salad, and only one of Becca's AMAZING cinnamon cupcake (seriously, a bloody shame) it was a perfect afternoon.



Saturday my hubby let me sleep in. And then escape for a pedicure with my mom and dilly dallying in Target. Only to come home for an hour before I escaped to the BEST maternity session EVER. I had a short but sweet chat with the Elliegirl before she skipped town yet again and then made it home in time to help wind down my out of control toddler before falling asleep on the couch with my love. Perfection.


This morning we slept in until 8! (Which consequently meant we were late for church, but OH WELL.) Had an AWESOME lunch by Mama2, although the mushrooms did not agree with my tummy. (stupid useless tummy). Then it was home for naps. Mom came over to watch the boy so we could go meet and vote on our new youth pastor. Unanimously voted him in and left on such a happy high. Only to walk in to our house full of balloons and streamers and my parents and bro and sis there to celebrate with Rusty's and cake. Perfection.

But my favorite part?
After everybody left Scott put all the balloons in the laundry room and then led me in and closed the door. And I knew EXACTLY what we were going to do next. I think that was a secret fantasy of both of ours. Yes yes, we are big dorks.
Perfection.
And here I thought turning 26 was going to be uneventful....
18 comments:
Happy (belated) birthday!! Sounds like it was an amazing weekend. 25 and 26 have been my favorite ages so far! Of course, I was at a bit different place in life since I got married at 26, but whatever...it's a good number! =)
your friendships... your family... they are incredibly inspiring. HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Lorie!!
What a fun birthday, and great people celebrating with you! Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a perfect birthday to me. :)
And oh yay! Talia and her family look incredible!
oh oh!! I'm so excited to see the rest of our pictures, I already LOVE them. Sweet Lorie, you're the best.
I am SO glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend-- you deserve it, and it really does sound just perfect. I completely and totally adore the fact that you did the balloon thing-- that clip from Scrubs is one of my best favorites ever! :) haha-- I can just picture you and Scott...
ps. would you like to know what Emma said when I showed her these picture of us? "Oh, look, it's us! At that really really dirty place."
ninny.
also... Davi and her belly are SO STINKIN CUTE!
happy happy bday girl!
those pics of talia and her girls and the hubs are tooooooo cute!!!!!!!! i love her.
What a fantastic weekend you had! Happy birthday to you! I love all of the pictures, especially the ones of dear Talia and her family.
I hope the nausea goes away soon. It sounds like there is too much good food to miss.
Oh Lorie, Happy Birthday! I am sorry I missed the actual day, but it looks like you had a very eventful B-day this year. Wow! I loved the Scrubs clip and totally remember that episode to. I love you dearly and seriously can't believe you are 26. When did that happen??? What happened to being 5 and playing mermaids in Grandpa's pool without a care in the world??? :)
Happy Birthday, friend!
It sounds like you had a fun day. I love you.
bwaaaHAAAAA!! how have i never seen that balloon video?! i can just picture you & scott dancing in there :D happy, happy birthday friend!! sounds totally perfect! (& i had no idea i was almost 2 years older than you!! i could practically babysit you. jk :) HA!
and once again...a week long birthday!!! HA! HA! HA!!!
Happy birthday!
A pajama lunch, that sounds fun! Officially writing that idea down for the future!
Happy Birthday Lorie! You're so awesome!
so happy that your birthday weekend was perfect! sorry about all that stinkin' nausea though:( i would have made you some bland soup instead. blech.
and just so ya know, you can get me to wear my grubbies ANY DAY OF THE WEEK at this point.
SOOOO excited to see Talia's maternity shots--what a treat! The photos are just DARLING as can be. I love them! And LOL that Emma called that place really really dirty. So funny. Annabelle's little sweater and shirt are ADORABLE!!!
ahahahaha that last part was hilarious! so glad you had such a beautiful birthday, HAPYY HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!!
How fun! I had a hard time with 26 (my LATE 20's)! But it really is not all that bad =) I am excited for my 30's though for some reason! Love the pics =)
So much to comment on. Happy Birthday. Loved the maternity pics and must see more!
Post a Comment