Today I was trying to work. I've got a bit of editing to do, and several emails I needed to respond to and so I opened up the patio door to let the boy stretch his legs and enjoy this GORGEOUS weather. I guess more time had passed then I realized. Suddenly he appeared in the door way of the office with one of his play cups from out back, and with an expression of defiance threw the cup up, pouring out an entire cup of dirt and rocks on to the carpet.
I held back a laugh. Like REALLY had to hold back a laugh. I quickly went to him and picked up the cup and explained that dirt belongs outside and that we don't bring it inside, but before I could get any further my eyes looked up to the wide open patio door. Boomer and his sand box flashed before my eyes. I went right past Henry and his little pile of dirt and stumbled upon this.

Who knows how many cups of dirt were dumped on his train, but there were dirt clods and dirt EVERYWHERE. I had to move furniture to vacuum it all up. That'll teach me to monitor what he's doing more closely, eh? Sheesh I need a lab top.
Junior Boomer indeed.
16 comments:
that is stinkin hilarious! you are a good, good sport! i love it!
we both posted a comment on see sherm's blog just one minute apart:)
hahahaha!!! That is HILARIOUS! And so cute.
OK... and how funny that Davi noticed you guys posted a comment on my blog at the same time too. The emails came to my blackberry with in seconds of each other... and the first thought that came to my mind was, "No wonder they are best friends. Even when apart, they do everything together." You ladies are meant to be best friends.
too stinkin cute!
umm. how about a laptop, not a lab top. at first i thought you meant lab coat. or maybe a lab top hat. that would be fun. then we could get out my bunsen burner and have real fun.
haha, I was laughing at the 'lab' top too....please tell me that was a typo and you don't actually call them lab tops :) miss ya!
that is so funny. i'm going to let my kid come play at your house more often... i never let him bring dirt into the house. i must be a fuddy-duddy. :)
Gotta love having boys! I have heard that after dirt they move on to bugs ... IKES!!!
I'm so laughing! Too funny!
I chuckled at Scott's joke about having a bunsen burner until I remembered what a nerd he is and that he probably ACTUALLY has a bunsen burner. tsk. tsk.
I'll bet the mental image of you in a lab coat and lab top hat really does it for him. gross.
oh gosh, is it really sad that I actually have my very own lab coat hanging in my closet? I should let you borrow it sometime.
hahahahahaha. Priceless! Boomie and Scooter actually dumped a red wagon full of sand into the middle of our carpet. I remember standing there with my mouth wide open as these little boys were making roads and mountains throughout the living room. We still had sand in our carpet 5 years later when we pulled it up for new flooring. Scary thing is that Henry acted alone.
priceless!
thats really cute.
i love it when they do stuff like that and youre in a mood to laugh. makes for a much better memory :o)
good job being a cool mommy.
baha..ha..ha..ha....ha...HAAAAA! that's too funny! i woulda killed the kid..good thing you're his mommy & not me ;)
Ah, the memories!!
:)
Great post and totally a boy thing to do! Seriously when Brogan goes outside I keep a CLOSE eye on him. I can't believe how quickly your boy is growing up. :)
Post a Comment