Thursday, July 01, 2010

celebrate good times

come on!

WAHOO!

(You'll all thank me/curse me for getting that song stuck in your heads for the rest of the day. Your welcome.)

It's funny how we each had our own way of celebrating, or commencing the backyard. Mine was to instantly fill it up with friends. And random nieces and nephews. And a sister or two. Or anyone off the street for that matter, who was willing to come and oooh and aaah over all the work we (and Jose) did.







Apparently the cool way to swim is sans clothes. Or in Grady's case, sans pants.





I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden we look over and Henry is the only one fulled clothed.



But by the next day Henry thought that it was mandatory to swim naked. (He must take after his grams) Well, except for a hat of course.





But don't worry, he has been corrected and now swims with adequate swimming apparel. (Well you know, unless I turn my back for too long)

I was also extremely looking forward to finally enjoying our patio. I grew up with parents sitting on the patio drinking coffee and reading the bible in the wee small hours of the morning. And that is something that is deeply ingrained in me. I didn't care if it was a folding chair, I wanted to sit on my porch, drink my coffee, and spend some quiet mornings with my Savior.

I wasn't expecting to get any sort of patio furniture, but we got a really good deal and so Scott surprised me with a cute little patio set and Mama2 threw in the rug as a belated birthday gift.



This is where you can all laugh at the romantic in me. Because quiet mornings? HAHAHaahahahaha....someone should tell that to my boys who wake up at the crack of dawn, and I remain in a sleepy, incoherent stupor for well past the "wee small hours of the morning". Oh well. It's a nice thought. And a great goal.



Ben celebrated by practicing some yoga.







Scott's celebration was two fold.

The first being buying Henry a T-ball set. Our kid is pretty coordinated, and has quite a powerful swing and so Scott has been saying for months now how badly he wanted to buy Henry a T-ball. And it literally was one of the first things Scott went and bought. It was a smashing hit.
Get it?
I know.
I'm lame.





Even Roxie joined in the celebration by getting a hair cut.



Which brings us to the second part of Scott's celebration which was smoking a cigar on his patio. He'd been looking forward to that for awhile, and what do you know, but a box of cigars came in the mail about two days after the yard went it.





This is me scared.



Scott says I smoke like a girl.




So it's official peeps, I can no longer honestly say I've never smoked anything.

And for the record, I did not like it. I tasted like how my grandpa smelled when I was a child. Ick.

14 comments:

Sally said...

LOVE the backyard, and all the ways you celebrated. We have the t-ball set, too, and Major loves it. Oh, and there are flavored cigars (like cherry and chocolate) and they taste WAY better! =)

Stephanie said...

Burn those smoking pictures (pun intended i guess...hehe) before your children come of age! hahaha

I LOVE the yard!!! great work as always friend- so fun!

molly june. said...

LOVE the old door sitting in your backyard :) yes, i noticed. ha. wish i was there sitting in the backyard with ya'll..& i'll teach you how to smoke a cigar when i come up. you hafta get the mocha flavored kind. duh. ;)

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome Lorie! Love that rug. LOVE! Oh, and cigars are disgusting. I won't let Shaun within 20 feet of the house when he smokes those things. Yuck!

Dave said...

That is great. By the way, I had my first cigar this past weekend at Radu's bachelor party. Congrats on that.

katygirl said...

it looks great lorie!

Becca said...

You do smoke like a girl...and pour beer like one too. ;) Love your innocence! I'm so happy for you that you have a place for your boys to explore outside this summer!

Kate said...

I love the how the yard turned out, the FURNITURE SET and the Anthro tea cup. I know where you'll be the majority of the summer! So inspiring!!

Olive Oyl said...

I love that you smoke it like it's a cigarette... :)

Love your new backyard... and love my boys little blacked-out cheeks. :)

Mommy Diffee said...

I am dying over the "bumcakes" LOL I am seriously so happy for you friend, it is so amazing! And, funny thing, I was most excited about reading in the morning with my coffee too! And I am even reading the same book! Love you friend!

Barbie said...

Beautiful! And Ben's Yoga was by far my favorite part of this post!!(besides the beautiful yard) P.S. I didn't know there was a specific way to smoke a cigar...or cigarette for that matter! Guess I'll have to consult the experts if I ever decide to try one!

Sara said...

Love the bumcakes pictures. too funny. and for the record the reason for being pantless was so that the water logged pull up would not explode all over your yard. the reason for the pull up was so that you would not have to deal with poop. I think mission accomplished on both. The nudity was a perk.

.jimaie.marie. said...

BUMCAKE! haha! That's so funny, my boys are always naked and being that my oldest is now 7, it's sometimes not so cute anymore ;) lol!
The smoking pictures cracked me up! I've never smoked a cigar b4 but now I'm intrigued.
Oh! And i LOVE your new rug & patio set, what a perfect area to spend your mornings in! I'm jealousssss

mytwentysixthyear said...

the censoring in the blog is HILARIOUS!