BUT. An on-going search of mine is for vintage board puzzles. I found several on Etsy last fall but I felt they were over priced for what they were. And then, low and behold, I hit the jack pot right before Christmas at a local antique store. A whole stack for $5 a pop. I did my best. Practiced extreme restraint and bought two. One for each boy for Christmas. Little did I know what a hit with my kids they were going to become. I should have bought the whole stack.


So I decided to search yet again, on my beloved Etsy. And while I did come up with decently priced ones, none that compared to my five dollar bargain. Oh well. The search will continue. In the mean time, here were a few of my bigger temptations.
Little Bo Peep

Little Boy Blue

Probably my favorite

and because I have a love affair with all things British

And I'm totally envious of her rad score. Seriously, the mid-west must be a bounty of vintage finds. (Note to readers: if you discover an american puzzle like hers you must buy it for me at once. I will reimburse you. Well, you know, within reason ;)
5 comments:
ohhh, cute. i think my favorite is your favorite. the grey car one. you passed up a whole stack of these for 5 bucks?
i'm shaking my head at you right now.
still shaking.
I love the America puzzle one, too. Although, I think I"d be worried about what other kids had put it in their mouth. =) I'll keep my eye out for you!
do you have estate sales in your area? i got 4 vintage puzzles for $1 a few weeks ago! i never even thought to look for them on etsy.
The church I grew up in had tonssss of these sorts of puzzles in every sunday school room, my kids played with the very same puzzles that I played with at church when I was young! It was very cool. We no longer go to church there but these puzzles hold a special place in my heart :)
So fun!
P.S. I LOVE your blog header!
Post a Comment